Image not available

500x500

imagen_2024-05-01....png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16155743

How do I get into quant/actuarial/financial mathematics and statistics.
I was in the math olympiads and ICPC so I have some idea what a proof is and I've done a few. I studied engineering sadly.
Help a nigga out, please.

Anonymous No. 16155748

>>15833839
>Reminder: /sci/ is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

Image not available

1080x1080

1714598483999254.jpg

Anonymous No. 16155753

>>16155743
I post this because in my country there is problem, all the tech jobs want people with x years experience solving a specific problem, the big companies that are willing to take a risk on training talented people to achieve things within their company place their bar really high and I was both too dumb and too busy to reach their standards, so I'm kind of stuck in a limbo of not being specialized enough to enter the technified workforce and not having enough accomplishments to my name to join somewhere where I might grow to take advantage of whatever talents I have.

That being said, I worked with a statistic researcher in university (copulas) and found the work quite interesting, although very far removed from my major.

Anonymous No. 16155755

>>16155748
Asking for guidance on how to learn a topic is well within board defined limits on thread topics, anal-retentive-ass nigga.