Image not available

480x252

SEC_127395222-42ca.jpg

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ ๐Ÿงต Psychology question: Does my brother have a mental condition?

Anonymous No. 16157376

tl;dr: My brother can't move on from getting dumped from more than a decade ago. Is this a mental problem?

11 years ago, my brother was dumped by his gf. They dated for two years and she dumped him for someone else. Between that time, he fell down the redpill/manosphere rabbit hole and started espousing all their talking points.
>Hypergamy
>Sexual marketplace value
>Alpha mindset
It seemed he had found a cope to deal with his dumping but then in 2022, out of the blue, he needed to get hospitalized for suicidal ideation. It turned out he got scammed by some guy in west africa claiming to be a friend of his ex. The scammer said she was in a near fatal car crash and needed money to pay for the medical bills. And he dumped six figures based on a hope that he was gonna get back with his ex. Even when he was hospitalized ad told the doctors what happened, they all said something to the effect of "Dude, you HAVE to move on."

This fixation on an ex from over a decade ago is just strange and his hope to get back with her is just sad. Is this a condition of some sort? Because can't be normal. Any links to studies would be appreciated.

Anonymous No. 16157383

>>16157376
He's just a moron.

Anonymous No. 16157401

>>16157376
>Alpha mindset
He's bluepilled as fuck. Height, face and voice are not a mindset. Attractiveness is 100% genetic.

Image not available

4032x3024

20240501_144025.jpg

Anonymous No. 16157419

>>16157376
His ex gf gave him ptsd and he most likely has ocd + some form of Aspd. My guess would be a mix of BPD and narcissism.

The only thing that will fix him is his ex or someone that can make him feel the same things he felt with the ex and not damage him again or next time he will most likely an hero.

Source: I'm ur brother but from another mother.

Anonymous No. 16157606

>>16157376
>Is this a mental problem?
Yes, sounds like it.
>Between that time, he fell down the redpill/manosphere rabbit hole and started espousing all their talking points.
We've even identified the cause.

Anonymous No. 16157608

>>16157401
>Splitting (also called binary thinking, black-and-white thinking, all-or-nothing thinking, or thinking in extremes) is the failure in a person's thinking to bring together the dichotomy of both perceived positive and negative qualities of something into a cohesive, realistic whole. It is a common defense mechanism wherein the individual tends to think in extremes (e.g., an individual's actions and motivations are all good or all bad with no middle ground). This kind of dichotomous interpretation is contrasted by an acknowledgement of certain nuances known as "shades of gray".

Anonymous No. 16157722

>>16157608
>shades of gray
I hate that book. It's not actually about bdsm but only about the fact that a woman will unconditionally love an abusive psychopath as long as he's rich, attractive and of high social status.

Anonymous No. 16157732

>>16157376
why do people do this shit where they pretend to not obviously be talking about themselves on 4chan
you're not asking reddit how to buy drugs, you don't gain anything by pretending it isn't you

Anonymous No. 16157734

>>16157722
Sorry to trigger you.
>rich, attractive and of high social status.
But you repeat yourself.

Anonymous No. 16157755

>>16157376
>Is this a condition of some sort? Because can't be normal.
Well, it's not in the DSM-5 so it's clearly normal and not a condition of any sorts. Does he suffer tremendously? Sure, but that's fine. But if you need to tap your feet, that means you've got ADHD which is a brain development disease issue.

Anonymous No. 16157834

>>16157755
>Well, it's not in the DSM-5 so it's clearly normal and not a condition of any sorts. Does he suffer tremendously? Sure, but that's fine.
It actually isn't, per the DSM-5. Per the OP, he got hospitalised for suicidal ideation. They can probably diagnose him with at least depression, caused by his obsession.

Anonymous No. 16157942

>>16157834
>They can probably diagnose him with at least depression, caused by his obsession.
Yes, but depression really isn't the right word for what's going on and anti-depressants will likely make his condition only worse, given the fact that it is an endogenic issue that is simultaneously also the cause of his on-going obsession with his ex-gf. Obviously, there's some deeper logic involved in it that centers around him hyperfixating on the ex because he has chosen (rather his biological urges, in this case) that this is the one female he wants to be with (and impregnate). A splandrel of evolutionary biology that is meant to make him defend and crave his woman, just gone wrong in this case.

Official diagnosis: heartbroken.

Frankly, if you want me to find an answer how to best suppress that kind of behavior, I would suggest castration.

Anonymous No. 16158022

>>16157942
>I would suggest castration
OP here, don't you mean neutering? At least with his testes gone he won't feel AS bad of a fixation on her.