Image not available

940x788

file.png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16158704

What is the ACTUAL /sc/erdict on modern and upcoming anti-aging tech? Scam or real? Every generation since like the 1800s was sure it was right around the corner so I'm not convinced this new stem cell/CRISPR stuff is gonna work.

Anonymous No. 16158710

>>16158704
If you are posting this on 4 chan then you are certainly poor enough to not afford any anti-aging so it's kinda moot point is it now.

Anonymous No. 16158922

They don’t have anything coming that will keep you alive forever. There is too much research to be done. These threads never go anywhere.

Anonymous No. 16158938

>>16158704
99% of anti-aging research are scam. they don't even know what is aging and what really cause aging. the current tech focus on treating symptomps of aging. there is a live experiment going on with the cuck billionaire Bryan Johnson and he post his stuff on twitter.
On the other hand, China seems to figured out the secret of living to 90-100, which is organ transplant. that's why they're doing organ harvesting on their prisoners to supply for the high ranking bureaucrats.

Anonymous No. 16158946

>>16158922
>There is too much research to be done.
Why are there billions of dollars for everything and everyone except educating and financially supporting this kind of research that along the way may also serendipitously solve other medical problem? We could declare like a wartime economy / national emergency to do these experiments on a mass scale. Labs would be staffed like a hotel to make scientists hyperproductive by rotating them in shifts 24 / 7.

Anonymous No. 16158953

>>16158946
There are a fuck ton of money (tens of billions) plowed into these antiaging research labs from billionaires since like 2-3 decades ago and nothing of value has ever came out of them. In fact the telomeres research is probably fraudulent.

Anonymous No. 16158974

>>16158704
All well known features symptoms from aging appear to be either from iron poisoning, or the lack of some metal. (the often repeated telomere shortening appears to be from the lack of arsenic.) All the necessary mechanisms are there, just not working without the necessary metals.

Anonymous No. 16159048

>>16158953
>telomeres research is probably fraudulent
Are you referring to Bret's criticism of mouse models? I thought that methodological flaw was only applicable to big pharma. Can't we breed some different mice and what's the business model of anti-aging research anyway / why be fraudulant if you get sponsored for high IQ hobbies?

Anonymous No. 16159197

we're the last generation that will die from old age
nobody is close to cracking anti/reverse aging.

Anonymous No. 16159293

>>16159197
if we haven't moved an inches for the past few decades in solving reverse aging, why would you think the next few generations will do better?
in fact the trashy science has been progressively getting worse and more fraudulent that in 50 years they possibly will tell you that cutting your dick off and eat it will help you live 5 years longer and everyone will cheer.

Anonymous No. 16159296

>>16159048
>why be fraudulant if you get sponsored for high IQ hobbies
no son. you are naive.
those mediocre people got to these positions by publishing fraudulent research and playing the politics game. in fact, it was the easiest way to get these funding. unlike doing real science, claiming outrageous results will get you a fuck ton of money from billionaires desperate to live 10 more years.
once they got the funding. because of their medicority and fake research they know that they was not able to deliver but they kept publishing fake results and making empty promises for those paychecks until the money run out.

Anonymous No. 16159303

>>16158704
>friend is studying molecular medicine.
>wants to know how cancerous a fried sausage is.
>fries sausage
>mushes sausage
>mixes mushed sausage with some bacterial growth medium
>grow some bacteria with antibiotic resistance mutation in growth medium
>put them on slate laced with antibiotic containing medium
>check how many bacterium cultures retained antibiotic mutation by checking survival rate on antibiotic medium
>result: longer frying time is more cancerous

this is modern bio tech for you. Eternal life is not gonna happen in our life time

Anonymous No. 16159306

>>16159303
it's basically a shittier version of alchemy but done on biological constructs instead of metals.
the shitty science still stuck in the 18th century. it's a breeding ground for charlatans and frauds.

Saint Aulpay No. 16159310

>>16159296
>no son
I have seen things that would make your primitive human mind spin.

Anonymous No. 16159312

>>16159310
>make your primitive human mind spin
what are you? I'm basically Jesus myself.

Anonymous No. 16159749

>>16158704
I might be the only one on sci who is involved in some form of anti aging research. I can't predict the future but the odds are against us figuring it out any time soon. Biology is hard.

Anonymous No. 16159878

>>16159749
damn, guess I'll die

Anonymous No. 16159909

>>16159749
Doing any work with folded proteins?
Or, dare I ask, MRNA?