Image not available

1080x1539

Screenshot_202403....jpg

๐Ÿงต Physics textbook question

Anonymous No. 16158846

So I basically self studied math methods before doing any physics, is it possible for me to start studying physics from Taylor classical mechanics and Griffiths electrodynamics with no prior 1st year physics mechanics or electromagnetics knowledge. I'm basically overqualified in the math so I thought it would make it easier to understand. But some people say I still need to study freshman physics to understand Taylor and Griffiths, while one guy said he started with Griffiths first and did fine. I honestly don't understand it and just want to study physics the fastest way possible and not waste time studying general physics because the general physics material looks like it takes a very long time to learn due to how much material is covered.

I basically only want to study Taylor classical mechanics, Griffiths electrodynamics, Bes quantum mechanics, and Reif statistical mechanics, then qft by Maggiore and maybe some computational physics and maybe solid state.

sega No. 16158854

>>16158846
Do you know what's skimming? Fucking retard thread.

Anonymous No. 16159367

Bump

Anonymous No. 16159518

>>16158846
You should at least skim some introductory level texts first. Texts like Taylor and Griffiths assume you have a sound conceptual and introductory understanding of all the concepts involved and then build on top of that foundation with more involved mathematical problem solving (utilizing more vector and tensor identities, linear algebra, multivariate calculus, differential equations, etc.) and more advanced methods and formalisms for solving advanced problems.

Understanding the math helps, but knowing the concepts and how all that fits together before you dive into the deep end is important to understanding and mastering those intermediate topics successfully.