Image not available

146x128

tiny.png

๐Ÿงต data bachelor thesis help

Anonymous No. 16158902

Greetings Friends,
im currently starting my work with the bachelor thesis for my economic computer science degree(ye ye i know) and want to write about the different monetization models in (modern) gaming. I want to write an empiric study and not lean too much on literature but am struggling a little with accessing usefull data. In order to make meaningfull comparisons and judgements about different models i'd like to evaluate the most popular games on various platforms over the last 10-20 years. Popular meaning things like downloads, average in game time per user, monthly active players and revenue generated, but i dont know where to find this data or even if something like this would be publically available. I'd appreciate some ideas about where i could find them or even alternative ways of realizing a methodical approach to this topic. my first go to would be the playstore, appstore and steam charts but the tools for filtering for past data dont seem to be that great

Anonymous No. 16158936

>>16158902
Easy solution?
Try to get in touch with a company such as Data Science courses or sales companies, I once remember I got a data file, sent as an example, of a clothing company via email when I contacted them for a data evaluation and assessment project
>i'd like to evaluate the most popular games on various platforms over the last 10-20 years
try to contact Steam Support or a try to data mine a gaming forum, Steam Support deals with API and data I think, you can not get it online anywhere.
>my first go to would be the playstore
Google is a pain in the ass, I would not suggest trying this path.

Anonymous No. 16158944

i havent thought about that. will try it right away. thanks for the advice

Barkon No. 16158958

>>16158944
Done. Now what. How do I do the next bit. JOKE. I gud

Master Geku No. 16158965

>>16158958
/Thread