Image not available

564x846

560464.jpg

๐Ÿงต newbie here

Anonymous No. 16164230

I need a little push to start, I want to dedicate my time in life to the research and development of technology that allows us to become cyborgs, I am 18, but I don't know where to start, I could study medicine, computer science, chemistry, or robotics, at some point I will have to specialize in all of these areas, but to make better use of my time, I would like to know, which do you think would be the best to study first?

Anonymous No. 16164269

Start with math, physics and chemistry. Get those down cold and the rest will follow naturally.

Anonymous No. 16165039

>>16164230
question: What makes you certain that you want to work on enhancing human prosthetics for the coming years or decades?

If you want to do it you shouldn't lose track of your goal in the process (by studying without purpose). Maybe it helps if you look at researchers' individual careers who are working on the stuff you want to work on. You should look at the individual and their career though.

Oh and I have a channel recommendation for you: https://www.youtube.com/@thethoughtemporium/streams
I liked the stream recordings (a lot of it is genetic engineering), but he also has nice videos. But you shouldn't fall for the IFLS-glimmer and look behind the facade. He also has a discord.

Anonymous No. 16166303

interesting question, bump

Image not available

1024x1024

_3b4a7e1a-5144-4f....jpg

Anonymous No. 16166528

>>16164230
It's all prosthetics right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG4eMZqppT4

But I don't think you want that. Robotics and AI engineering would probably be better. Understand that for most prosthetics, you would need to lose something in order to gain something. Robotics is different, we can add onto what we already have or create new "people" with the power of technology.

Anonymous No. 16166542

>>16164230
Probably a lot of different fields could contribute to this goal. It has a big interdisciplinary cross section between engineering, biology, and neuroscience.

Anonymous No. 16166549

>>16164230
genetic engineering would be better, you don't wnat to be the chick in the OP being beholden to OMNICORP for spare limbs every 10 years.

Anonymous No. 16166574

>>16164269
the fuck will chemistry help with anything here. Maybe marginally but engineering is clearly more relevant. Even math and physics is probably a waste of time. Just because you are going to use math and physics and they are more general fields doesn't mean you should start with them. Control systems, signal processing, mechE, biomedical engineering, robotics, ML, physiology are all going to be much more relevant and you will end up doing plenty of math and physics along the way.

Anonymous No. 16167485

>>16166528
Prosthetics are still pretty cool and are necessary for things to get started. Nobody's going to voluntarily replace their parts with machine parts until the machine parts are actually superior.