Image not available

564x839

ueijqonohy901.jpg

๐Ÿงต Geniuses aren't inpressive

Anonymous No. 16166448

I have never met someone genuinely impressive. All the so called "geniuses" just seemed like tryhards or people who just spent alot of time focusing on one thing. Even once ina lifetime prodigies like Terrence Tao, supposedly the biggest intellectual talent ever did nothing at all. He didn't even solve a millenium prize problems which are worthless and banal and the only allure is the only and being pat on the head for being such a heckin' smart boy

Even throughout history there has never been a genius that commanded the respect that people imagine. "Geniuses" are below average looking, grew up sheltered and have a specific skillset that anyone could have if they bothered to put in the hours. Even Howard Hughes. The image of the handsome industrialist sternly looking over his inventions was not impressive at all. He was average looking at best, saved only by his height and created a couple or boring movies and one shitty plane that flew once and was thrown away in the dustbin of history. He grew up rich and threw his wealth at a bunch of worthless passion projects that amounted to nothing. And he is the face of the American inventor. Ayn Rand and pop culture always use the image of the mustachioed titan of I industry genius yet the real thing was lame as fuck.

Anonymous No. 16166463

>Geniuses aren't inpressive
Not sure what you meant by that, but as a genius I decided I would stop reading there.

Garrote No. 16166493

Geniuses are impressive.

Anonymous No. 16166507

>>16166448
The notion of "genius" is a woke pop culture soi boi tier concept. If you talk to a physicist or mathematician at MIT or Harvard, they basically sound like regular people. I mean not entirely - you need some raw talent - but the amount of raw talent possessed by elite physicists or mathematicians is not that unusual. If it was simply a matter of raw intellectual talent, every town with more than a few thousand people would have "geniuses" like Plato and Hilbert walking their streets (simply as a matter of statics, if you have a few thousand people then you're bound to have someone with a super high IQ). Scientific achievement isn't about "genius" or raw mental processing. It's just as much about passion, obsession, and out of the box thinking. Terry Tao would not be a leading mathematician if it were not for the fact that pretty much everyday he spends a good chunk of time actually thinking about math, and he has done so constantly for the last 4 decades.