Image not available

1024x576

cancer-vaccine2-1....jpg

🧵 Need Clarification About Vaccine Immune Exhaustion For Sci-Fi Book

Anonymous No. 16170736

I tried posting this question on reddit, but the filter INSTANTLY took it down. So I'll try here.

I am writing a science fiction book, and I need medical professionals to tell me if my understanding is correct.

It's set in the far future where humans have spread throughout the galaxy, and no longer inhabit Earth. There is a scene where they discuss how the main character, who comes from the present day Earth, probably has a more adaptive (not resilient, but adaptive) immune system than people in the future due to excessive reliance on vaccination in the future. Because each world has new pathogens which have evolved along entirely different paths, Humanity has adopted an overreliance on vaccines due to the adoption of mass interstellar travel. Whereas now, we might take a handful of vaccines during our lifetimes. In the future, they might take hundreds, possibly thousands. This has caused a widespread pseudo-immune exhaustion amongst humans, and a degradation of immunological memory. While the vaccines protect them from specific diseases, they have become somewhat more susceptible to pathogens prone to mutation, such as common illnesses and infections.

While this is not a focal point of the story, I did do legitimate research for this. But the research papers were so dry I'm not 100% that my understanding is accurate. I just want to know if this hypothetical scenario is plausible, or if I'm talking out of my ass.

Anonymous No. 16170744

Vaccination can restrict the degrees of freedom of your immune system. Look up "original antigenetic sin". This can lead to "antibody dependent enhancement". I will not go into detail because this topic has been discussed too many times over the last 3 years.

Anonymous No. 16170751

>>16170736
Viruses would simply not exist because they have no vector in an alien host. Foreign bacteria could be a problem, but that is solved by antibiotics and does not fit your criteria. You should still write about them jabbinating everyone and it is the cause of their sickness. Would be top tier.

Anonymous No. 16170769

>>16170744
This is great, thank you. Yeah, after the coof, information like this has gotten buried. I've just learned you can't even ask about stuff like this in medical communities now. Even if the whole reason you're asking is specifically so you don't spread incorrect information.

Anonymous No. 16170785

>>16170736
Cool book idea. Good luck

Anonymous No. 16170789

>>16170769
Yea I hate the political correctness that’s prevalent everywhere. Doesn’t help intellectual discourse.

I don’t even wanna make fun of faggots, just want to talk some science but noooo it’s too sensitive. Fuckin hell man.

Anonymous No. 16170811

Igg4 class switch

Anonymous No. 16170831

>>16170744
You suppose to come up with sources that prove your argument, otherwise your post has no merit whatsoever, since the discussion has to do with science and, not philosophy where personal opinions with no empirical proof are welcomed.