Image not available

700x700

wegovy.jpg

🧵 Wegovy/Ozempic talk

Anonymous No. 16170856

Just wondering if it is "unhealthy"?
Is it really just miracle drug?
Ss the yoyo effect guaranteed after you stop taking it?
Do you think there are side effects which might surprise us?
Should fatties actually use it to lose weight faster? (because well being fat is unhealthy so maybe that's a good fast escape route).
Will it have an meaningful impact on society?

I am not even fat or considering to take it but I just find it interesting /sci topic.

Anonymous No. 16170917

I think the yo yo effect would be inevitable because the drug won't change their eating and lifestyle habits that made them fat in the first place, if anything it will encourage such irresponsibility. So unless the users intend to stay on the drug indefinitely, they're just going to get fat again. No doubt there are some people who could use it to drop weight and then maintain themselves without the drug, but they'd be in the minority which is probably exactly what the manufacturer wants.

as for health effects, I dunno, but I do wonder how it affects the uptake and absorption, maybe even the processing, of various nutrients. Probably, its effects aren't entirely consistent with everything so there may be strange types of malnutrition that could arise, despite eating a perfect diet (which is unlikely since the drug is for fat people). But that's just conjecture, could be wrong.

Anonymous No. 16170927

>>16170856
haven't heard the anti big pharma crowd complain about it so it must be really good

Anonymous No. 16170931

>>16170856
>>16170856
The chemical structure diagram of semaglutide looks like one of Batman's Batarang's with explosives attached.

If you want to Batarang your cells, go right ahead, my man.

Anonymous No. 16170972

>>16170917
I’ve yo-yo’d most of my life, but not short term yo-yo’ing, more like every few years something happens and I go through a rough patch
>I was a fat kid from 9-15 and then around 16-18 I started jogging daily, choosing my own food and ignoring my parent’s food choices, and I lost a bunch of weight to get to a comfy heavy-but-not-overweight and physically active status
>around 24-25, after college, I had a lazy office job and I got some depression when a friend died and I got fat again…I moved and changed jobs and started going /out/ more and it took 1-2 years to get back in shape, then I was comfy and healthy again
>34 I got injured and got fat again, I jumped right back on the recovery train though and took it off as fast as I had put it on
>from 35-39 were probably the best shape I will ever be in (compared to my peers at the same age) during my lifetime, riding my bike everywhere instead of driving, jogging, functional exercises and body weight training, open water swimming, snowboarding, hiking, trail running, etc.
>40, last summer, got injured and got fat again this past fall/winter…
I just turned 41 last week, I have been training for cardio bike rides and trying to get back into jogging for the last 2 months, but now that I’m a little older I get so fucking hungry and so tired after working out, I can feel muscle rebuilding but fat doesn’t come off as easily and I need more rest days.
I’m not in a constant yo-yo, I just hit a roadblock every 6-10 years and then have to spend so much time getting back in shape. And it’s so much more difficult each time because I am older when it happens.
Something like Ozempic sounds like a useful jumpstart for people in my situation. As I get older and can’t burn off fat as easily, chemically burning it off with Ozempic short term and then maintaining with exercise long term sounds beneficial and I may wind up trying it.

Anonymous No. 16171012

>>16170856
Side effects are more frequent that desired. According to the manufacturer, up to 4% of users experience constipation. It means your gut stops, the food you eat stays in your stomach and rots there. As it rots the food releases gasses, which cause you to fart from your mouth

Anonymous No. 16171018

>>16170856
Ozempic, originally for diabetes, is just for people to control theur appetite. As a result, it can make people lose weight and reduce insulin resistance because they eat less calories/carbs all together. Its just for people that can't exercise or don't want to exercise and are in excess weight

Anonymous No. 16171026

>>16170917
>eating and lifestyle habits
The drug is definitely for controlling their habits and lifestyle. It basically make people more "full" than they already are. It controls the hunger and eventually reduces the individual's caloric intake. If big fat joe eats 4k calories a day, after he injects ozempic, he will only eat 2.5/3k calories per day. It basically is a drug that controls fat people's hunger.

Anonymous No. 16171080

>>16170856
It's both popular enough and well studied enough that any serious harmful effects that may exist are almost certainly smaller than the benefits of losing weight. If you get cancer from it when you are 70, that's better than dying from obesity at 60 and so on.

Anonymous No. 16171112

>>16170856
I'd say it beats bariatric surgery, but not intermittent fasting.

Anonymous No. 16171448

Are we exclusively discussing side effects of the drug itself ? It's very likely there can be some but I suspect the thing one actually should worry abour is the lifestyle drugs like this allow to continue.
Instead of figuring out the basics of life, like how and what to eat, people will just shoot this shit and continue their ways. If the drug doesn't cause harm, stuffing your face with whatever is suitable to create fat people will definately do. Even if it doesn't cause them to be hamplanets anymore.

Anonymous No. 16171674

>>16170856
its been used for decades on diabetic patients.

it should be perfectly safe and any sudden toxicity is probably due to contamination.