Image not available

708x1000

Filter.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16170952

Name a greater filter.

Anonymous No. 16170985

OP what is this? Is it worth the read even if you're not in experimenting/hard sciences? Will it help you poke holes in experimental methodology?

Anonymous No. 16171004

>>16170985
The book is of a very broad nature and covers the various methods of both designing an experiment through statistical means and then evaluating the data through other statistical means. It's a great starting point before you dive into the particular demands of a certain vein of study. It's arguably more important if you're involved in softer sciences since those require greater use of statistical analysis. Harder sciences typically stress different forms of mathematical modeling that don't include statistics as much due to the more recent emphasis placed on simulations. Since science is done on the margins and often requires a lot of experimenting with mathematics itself, I'd say that this book is even better for the casual consumer of scientific studies than for researchers pondering how to design a specific kind of study (but they'd still benefit from it too; I don't the current state of academia that well, but this text used to be seen as effectively required reading typically during graduate school). I'm not sure I know what you mean by "poking holes in experimental methodology."

Anonymous No. 16171130

>>16170952
Climate change. You will never live in an intergalactic empire.

bodhi No. 16171138

>>16170952
this one is pretty up there

Image not available

350x499

Blavatsky3.jpg

bodhi No. 16171148

I would say this one trumps it though. this filters 99.9% of all humans