Image not available

630x354

1715836772326.jpg

๐Ÿงต Why is there such variation in human comfort temperatures?

Anonymous No. 16177914

Is it race-based, or nurture-based? Does skin colour actually make a difference? Is it a rate of metabolism thing? Do people gain and lose heat at different rates?

Anonymous No. 16178379

you lot have no answers?
why does my nordic wife run hot, while my african ass runs cold, in the exact same conditions?

Anonymous No. 16178387

I think its lifestyle associated. I, sample size of 1, am physically always very active, consequentially on a correspondingky high caloric diet and in my peer group, that is mostly ethnically homogenous, I always stick out as the guy wearing inappropiately light clothing, soaked tshirts and shorts in the rain when its around freezing for example. It dries quicker once I get inside.
My peers are motorists for example, constantly freezing, always borderline obese despite starving and so on.

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 16178391

>>16178379
kys
sage

Anonymous No. 16178393

>>16178387
This tracks my previous experiences, to be fair. So you're saying the more active i am, the more i'll withstand colder temperatures? Is it cumulative or will a sudden change do it?

Anonymous No. 16178416

>>16177914
phenotype is result of genetics + envrionment

Anonymous No. 16178418

>>16178416
see >>>/int/197345713

why do the nordics all like it chilly af, and the rest like it warm

Anonymous No. 16178546

>>16178393
It may also be due to the fact I don't use heating. But yes it is what I am sayimg and I have a suspicion there is an achte and a chronic effect. In the winter when going to sleep and especially when getting up in the morning I do feel cold. After I've been on the bike for almost an hour to get to uni or work I'm uncomfortably warm no matter what. As time goes by this wears off but probably down to a floor level that is higher than it is for the sedentary fucks. This would be what I imagine to be the chronic component but it could be genetic or something else entirely.
I've gotten injured recently which changed alot of patterns and already I felt cold more often and wore clothing I never wear, that is despire living on the northern hemisphere where it's currently plenty warm IMO.
Long story short: Yes. I suspect your activity level raises your baseline metabolic rate. Besides this being active means that you'll always be feeling some of the acute effects of activity thoughout your waking hours.
Purely speculative. But I believe to have seen studies corroborating the concept of increases of baseline metabolic rate through regular and intense activity.

Anonymous No. 16179090

I wish we had counter current heat exchange vein and artery layout, but humans have con current heat exchange. That's the reason we get cold easily despite our size and get frostbite, but something like a dog is for the most part impervious to frostbite.
Winters would be a whole lot more comfortable without having to add more clothing

Anonymous No. 16179588

>>16177914
>Do people gain and lose heat at different rates?
yes, body shapes matter.
Tall and skinny = heat loss. Equatorial people tend to be skinny.
Short and stocky = heat retaining. Northern people tend to be stocky.

Anonymous No. 16180229

probably what they get used to

Image not available

1213x1182

1715520333929764.jpg

Cult of Passion No. 16180234

>>16177914
Any temp is fine for me.
[turtlenecked, holding a mug with two hands, :3 face]