Image not available

1200x800

High School Class....png

🧵 Raising Academic Prodigies

Anonymous No. 16177990

How do you raise a kid who will end up getting straight As and blasting through AP classes like they're nothing? I know damn well IQ plays a role, but even if you have a particularly high IQ, there is a lot more that goes into getting good grades. I figure these kids have to be getting some coaching from either their parents or professionals their parents hire.

Image not available

1098x1696

Beautiful Cute Ho....jpg

Anonymous No. 16178113

Bump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc4FLz3lI-g

Anonymous No. 16178122

The best idea is probably to not have specific goals for your kid and raise your kid intuitively, instead of making it a conscious effort.

Anonymous No. 16178125

>>16178122
This seems like a comfy form of parenting, but there's no way you're going to get a kid to naturally want to work his ass off to get straight As and take all the AP classes. This requires some hardcore dedication. That kid is not going to have any free time, and he is barely going to be socializing with the other kids. Most normal high school kids are going to want to play and listen to some music and have a beer or two or smoke some pot, but if this kid is going to maintain straight As in all those AP classes, he's going to have to give up that kind of social life.

Image not available

2400x1738

Ted-Kaczynski-led....jpg

Anonymous No. 16178129

>>16177990
>>16178125
I don't get it. Does it really matter if your child spends their childhood studying to get into college early? Is the end goal to get a PhD in their mid-20s and be more marketable to employers in their 30s?

Image not available

1929x2104

DomRystan Cute Ho....jpg

Anonymous No. 16178286

Bump.

Anonymous No. 16178305

I would honestly rather my child be a smart underachieving student than a prodigy. that life is miserable, and they all flame out.

🗑️ Anonymous No. 16178358

>>16178305
I'm OP, and my one of my uncle's close friends in the mid to late 90s who was a legitimate child prodigy who was, I believe, 4 years younger than all of the other students, ended up becoming a druggie in college. He was a 14-year-old with straight As in all the AP classes when he was a senior. I don't know what he does today, but he definitely didn't end up becoming as successful as you'd imagine. Today, it's actually pretty easy to graduate from high school at 14 if you homeschool online, but not with AP classes.

Anonymous No. 16178361

>>16178305
I'm OP, and my one of my uncle's close friends in the mid to late 90s who was a legitimate child prodigy who was, I believe, 4 years younger than all of the other students, ended up becoming a druggie in college. He was a 14-year-old with straight As in all the AP classes when he was a senior. I don't know what he does today, but he definitely didn't end up becoming as successful as you'd imagine. He was literally the valedictorian of his class. Today, it's actually pretty easy to graduate from high school at 14 if you homeschool online, but not with AP classes.

Anonymous No. 16178366

>>16177990
The important thing isn’t to raise them to be a prodigy, but for raise them to use their brain to the best of their ability. For that reason, do as much as you can to get them reading and playing with things that make them think. Read to them early and often, even when they won’t understand anything; it will nurture and grow their verbal abilities early. Don’t just sit your kid in front of cocomelon and YouTube all day every day. Let them figure some things out on their own to foster a sense of independence and problem solving abilities; don’t just coddle and do everything for them. The rest should turn out as it should be.

Anonymous No. 16178369

>>16178366
>it will nurture and grow their verbal abilities early.
Very true. Their brains will get used to hearing the sounds of your language, and this is very stimulating for their developing brains.

Anonymous No. 16178377

>>16178125
>no way you're going to get a kid to naturally want to work his ass off to get straight As and take all the AP classes
That was me though. Parents were hands off and didn't give a shit about my grades. Their laziness rubbed off on me and I was lazy because the work was too easy. So I didn't do the work and had bad grades. I asked my teachers if I can take AP classes. They saw my grades and said AP classes were for the smart kids so I got put in remedial instead, which made me completely shut down since I knew I was smart enough to do advanced classes.

In 11th grade I heard a senior saying something about early acceptance to college. Had no idea what college was, let alone early acceptance. He told me and I realized holy shit that's what I need. So I buckled down and did the work. I was asking my teachers what I had to do to earn a 100 in the class. I spent my lunch times in a study center doing homework and reading. Mind you, my parents didn't give a fuck about my grades so long as I wasn't knocking girls up or getting in jail or doing drugs.

Got into college, fully adjusted, and ended up becoming a physicist at an R1 top 50 uni.

My point is sometimes it's genetic and there definitely exist smart kids out there who are motivated to learn. And if they're truly motivated, they'll do it without any incentive behind the knowledge itself.

>Inb4 how can you not know what college was
Grew up in a literal village of idiots. Families were large. Incest was common. Out of my 12 brothers and sisters I'm the only one to go to college. Rest ended up knocked up at 15, wagecucking, in jail or dead.

Anonymous No. 16178380

>>16178125
This is exactly why I suggested what I suggested.
A child that is not destined to be 'a prodigy' won't be a prodigy. You can try, and the child will reap all the negatives and still not be what it isn't destined to be.
In the rare case where you child is destined to be said prodigy, you might still manage to fuck it up beyond repair. It will then have none of the positives, aka be the intellectual overachiever you want, but the likelyhood of social shit going wrong increases beyond the kevel that already is associated with gifted kids. The end result will be the typical gifted kid turned failure at life.
On the flipside, if you happen to father a child that really is destines to be the desired intellectual prodigy and you let the child do it's thing it might become the rare case of a functioning intellectual overachiever.

Anonymous No. 16178386

>>16178377
>My point is sometimes it's genetic and there definitely exist smart kids out there who are motivated to learn. And if they're truly motivated, they'll do it without any incentive behind the knowledge itself.
Alright, but getting straight As in all your AP classes and maxxing out the ACT or SAT is mental. I couldn't even imagine myself doing all that. Even if I dedicated all my free time to it, I know that I would inevitably be missing out on certain content. I remember once getting a much lower grade on this one test because the teacher apparently expected us to do our own research in addition to what was in the textbook. If I recall correctly, this was one of those times where most of the kids got a low grade on the test. I also remember the countless number of times I forgot that I had a particular bit of homework to do. I swear the teachers didn't always tell us what he had to do for homework. It was listed somewhere in the syllabus I forgot all about or some bullshit. I plan on going back to college, and when I do, I want to max out on everything. I plan on taking mathematics, at least at first. I'd like to go into engineering, but I wouldn't be able to maintain a 9-5 job due to my sleeping issues. I would need to do a job I can do at any time of the day whenever I want.

Anonymous No. 16178429

>>16178386
I never did he at home. I just did it during lunch and study hall then played videogames all day when home and shitposted on the chanz

Anonymous No. 16178532

>>16178129
This is what I am wondering too. What do I give a fuck if my kid gets straight As? I just want them to be happy and give me grandkids

Anonymous No. 16178537

>>16178532
I'm OP. I grep up attending a private Catholic school from preschool through 8th grade. The workload was on another order of magnitude from what it would've been at a public school. I know this, because even though I took a couple honors classes my freshman year of public high school, the workload was very likely around 10% or less of what it was when I was in 8th grade. My grades in middle school were below average for the class, but I grew up around a lot of kids who were working very hard to max out their grades. Wealthy and successful parents tend to want their kids to max out academically.

Anonymous No. 16178547

>>16178537
> Wealthy and successful parents tend to want their kids to max out academically.
I’m skeptical of this. I came from a middle class family and I was pushed to study my ass off, which I did. And it was alright but I don’t really care if my kids are as academically or career successful as I have been,

Anonymous No. 16178562

>>16178547
>I’m skeptical of this.
Growing up in the 2000s and early 2010s, the wealthiest kids I knew at my private Catholic school were the most academically focused. I sometimes felt embarrassed hanging around them, since they would often get back to their work while I was hanging out with them in our free time. SO much work for them to do. They honestly gave us too much homework. When it came to subjects like math, they could've instead been teaching us at a faster rate instead of giving us one to two hours of homework everyday. From precalculus all the way through calculus, you're essentially constantly going over old material you learned previously, so I don't see the point in handing out such an absurd amount of homework, since you're constantly going to be reviewing the same shit for multiple years.

Anonymous No. 16178604

>>16177990
Being a prodigy is overrated by society. Better to fuck around for a few years, get your GED, and go for your PhD and subsequently win a fields medal.

Anonymous No. 16178606

>>16178604
>Better to fuck around for a few years
This is what I've been doing since I was 17, but I graduated from online high school. I will turn 24 in a month. I really want to go back, but I still don't feel ready. I want to review as much math as possible before I go back to college.

Image not available

800x1200

Komoshuai School ....jpg

Anonymous No. 16178964

Bump.

Anonymous No. 16179360

A common misconception a lot of you all are saying is that a child prodigy needs to study their ass off/give up social life. Kids I knew in my highschool who were actually 140+ would drink, party, or play videogames all the time and still ace 5 AP classes a year.

Anonymous No. 16179432

I had half of a fat line a few minutes ago, and I'm extremely horny. Where do I find hot sex?

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179526

Bump. I need I bump for this thread. Whatever donations you're thinking about, they should go to Maria Mirezska, I don't know the donation page, yet. I'm hoping some Polish anon will help me. My Dad will kill me if now.

Anonymous No. 16179537

>>16177990
structured learning +regular schedule +appropriate rewards +sufficient free time

thats about all you can do, prodigies are born with the capability, it will be almost immediately evident (early language acquisiton, ect) , but it is up to the parent to provide the necessary stimulation to maximize their abilities, though be warned, children are merciless, and if your child stands out too much, they will be punished for it, social skills are arguably more mportant for forming and maintaining social connections later in life, and bad social skills are very difficult to correct once you are already an adult, unlike academics.

Anonymous No. 16179549

>>16178377
That was quite the read, thanks for sharing anon

Image not available

1277x951

Screenshot_202405....jpg

Cult of Passion No. 16179553

>>16178377
>Out of my 12 brothers and sisters I'm the only one to go to college. Rest ended up knocked up at 15, wagecucking, in jail or dead.
Its like the opposite version of some Bart Simpson's vision of the future.

No cool, man.

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179567

>>16179537
Fuck. I guess it's hard as fuck, like Lawnmower Man. I Jusf hose to pet so get roME LQNMMOQ aepiaruntea she sable.

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179568

>>16179537
>>16179567
I fucking love lawnmower man, by the way. I'd recommend you pirate the movie.

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179570

Fuckinp helli. I just snorted all the leftover coke from Hollywood bullshit. Damn, it feels fine.

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179584

>>16179568
Lawnmower man is based. All I need to do is become a 10/10 and wealthy, and I can get any woman I want. Fucking based. The goal isn't impossible, and the reward is fucking incredible.

Anonymous No. 16179586

>>16177990
FUCK YOU
LET THAT KID HAVE A NORMAL LIFE

Or he will resent you like I resent my STEMcel parents

Image not available

1600x960

Harvard University.jpg

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179600

>>16179586
Well, he also stands the chance of going to Harvard or Stanford, and getting a prestigious degree that could land him tons of money instantly at a very young age.

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179601

>>16179586
>>16179600
Although, I was friends with the valedictorian, and even with all the scholarships, he couldn't afford going to Stanford.

Anonymous No. 16179604

>>16177990
You have to engage with the kid, challenge their minds, let then chew on problems that will drive them forward and not stagnate. For schools are trivial for smart kids who will wither and then struggle to do well in university. I have seen that happen to several of my friends.

>>16178125
It is possible to get straight As without hardcore dedication. That is needed is a challenge. Bring a star map and a pair of binoculars and you have done plenty. Keep conversations a little intelligent, make an effort. That is what my parents did with me. Children have an insatiable appetite for knowledge, just feed it and you have gone a long way to do well.

>>16178129
It matters. Really smart children have a brutal choice: either do better tan teh average or wither and do a lot worse than the average. Some of the termites ended as prostitutes.

>>16178305
>and they all flame out.
No. They don't have to. We are all going to make it!

>>16178366
This anon truly gets it.

>>16178604
>Being a prodigy is overrated by society.
Mostly true, but then again, society just demands progress and cures with zero concerns about the people who deliver progress as long as they can continue their hedonism. Prodigies need challenges to survive.

>>16179586
>LET THAT KID HAVE A NORMAL LIFE
That was never an option. I write this from experience.

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179607

My dad decided to hide the vodka from me. I guess I was making too much noise. I decided to take a clonazepam instead. Wish me luck. I hope I have nice sleep. I still have half a fat line of coke left. I'm going to take it right now.

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179610

I'm not blacking out at the moment, but I'm moving in circles around my desk. Ask me about me previous experiences throughout this threat to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179621

Fucking cocaine fucked me up. I'm not going to be able de help my dad tomorrow, because I'm going to be asleep the whole day. I feel like a loser, even though I'm still fucking high.

Anonymous No. 16179628

>>16179360
the problem is education is set at a level where midwits can study hard and just make it through
there is rarely anything that actually engages and challenges the top 1% of students

maxim !CnQ6bo85u. No. 16179647

>>16179628
>the problem is education is set at a level where midwits can study hard and just make it through
Not midwits, blacks. It's designed to allow the majority of blacks to pass without going down a gade.

Anonymous No. 16179657

>homeschool in a state with vouchers
>use money to pay private tutor
>blast through grades quickly to high school level
>use voucher money for CLEPs, AP tests, etc. Anything that gets you college credit
>transfer to nearby CC and blast through undergrad courses
>transfer to Uni with a lot of credits already
>do a combined BS/MS program to accelerate even further
>find good professor for phd advisor
>phd by 21

Anonymous No. 16179658

>>16179657
btw any of all of this can be done online

Anonymous No. 16180283

>>16179658
Where can you do a PhD online??

Anonymous No. 16180333

Imagine raising your son to be a nerd
I'd raise him to be a mog machine

Anonymous No. 16181204

>>16180333
It truly says a lot about our times when honest and productive members of society is only shown contempt.

Anonymous No. 16181205

>>16181204
My parents raised me to be a nerd I hate it. So SHUT THE FUCK UP

Anonymous No. 16181206

>>16181204
I suggest >>16180333 is an underage non white subhuman so it's better to ignore

Anonymous No. 16181366

>>16177990
If you're in the US, find a school district that's 75%+ Asian. There aren't many but in those schools, academic achievement is social currency. Athletes are looked down upon and most of the typical bone head shit teens like to do that get in the way of academics are rejected. Want to get in the panties of the most desirable girl in school? Better have a perfect GPA with a course load of advanced classes.

Anonymous No. 16181373

The truth is you don't. They'll burn themselves out no matter what you do.

Anonymous No. 16181479

>>16181366
Only the top 10% are like that. The bottom 90% are super lazy but think they’re smart due to stereotypes.

Anonymous No. 16181489

>>16181206
I'd suggest it may aswell be someone with a stromg focus on only the downsides on their lot in life and associated envy. Altho the idea to raise a one trick pony to avoid this very condition doesn't really scream 'smart guy'.

Anonymous No. 16181529

>>16177990
What made you good at academic subjects when you were growing up, anon?

Anonymous No. 16181554

>>16177990
It's easy to get your child years ahead of their peers academically, by homeschooling them. But it's more important to their success, that they have a good work ethic and they know how to make connections and socialize. You as the parent, having connections and the money to send them to university helps alot too.

You could have an 200IQ child with a B- average, because they don't put in any effort. They might not know the point of getting good grades, or have no friends that cheer them on. They could even be one grade too far ahead of their peers.

Anonymous No. 16181706

>>16181554
If the 160+ IQ children were to grow up together in a school system that gave them challenges, I guess they would grow up with a better life than many do now.

Anonymous No. 16181721

>>16181479
Yes, and what's your point? Reality is that schools dominated by Asians are the top performing schools and social cred in those schools is based on academic standing. So I ask again, what is your point?

Anonymous No. 16181863

>>16181721
If social cred in those schools is dominated by academic achievement then why are 90% of those kids retards anyway?

Anonymous No. 16182670

>>16179657
Could you elaborate upon the voucher system? I thought it was a charter school 'lottery' admission pipeline.

🗑️ Anonymous No. 16183255

OP, I don't have advice you wouldn't like (pointless to raise someone just so they can excel in academic subjects, which are completely pointless qualities for a human to have. The only thing that counts is raw enterpreneurship, raw intelligence, and/or Machiavallism) so I'll refrain from commenting on that.
>>16181554
The optimal attendance would be 2.5 times per week. This allows full coherence of social dynamics, while minimizing the time spent in an objectively wasteful (for most here relevant purposes) environment.
Around 2/week is an inflection points where you don't really ever learn the names of your classmates, and at 1/week this is definitely true, i.e. attending a school only once a week definitely results in it being perceived as with "scurry into class then get out as soon as it's over" mindset as an anonymous affair.

I have had this experiment applied to myself, due to the non-standard way how I had my schooling. I mostly went 3/week, and I can sing nothing but praises of it.

Anonymous No. 16183257

OP, I don't have advice you'd like (pointless to raise someone just so they can excel in academic subjects, which are completely pointless qualities for a human to have. The only thing that counts is raw entrepreneurship, raw intelligence, and/or Machiavallism) so I'll refrain from commenting on that.

>>16181554
The optimal attendance would be 2.5 times per week. This allows full coherence of social dynamics, while minimizing the time spent in an objectively wasteful (for most here relevant purposes) environment.
Around 2/week is an inflection points where you don't really ever learn the names of your classmates, and at 1/week this is definitely true, i.e. attending a school only once a week definitely results in it being perceived as with "scurry into class then get out as soon as it's over" mindset as an anonymous affair.

I have had this experiment applied to myself, due to the non-standard way how I had my schooling. I mostly went 3/week, and I can sing nothing but praises of it.

Image not available

1920x684

Magnum Meme.jpg

🗑️ Anonymous No. 16183271

>>16177990
Far away from nigs, that is a no brainier.

Anonymous No. 16183283

>>16178386
this thread misses a pretty big point though and that’s that 99% of the targets set by the education system are shitty and borderline worthless. none of what the OP mentioned is impressive and what actually is requires such specific conditions to exist that to even have a shot at raising a prodigy pretty much requires you to be a highly successful professional yourself.

I went to a very small, high-performance high school where kids were getting their names on publications and competing in international math and science olympiads. i finished in the bottom half of my class yet I published a second-author matsci paper my second semester of uni. these kids are actual prodigies, not just the year’s most motivated kid, and I’d say a good 50% of these kids had at least 1 PhD parent, most of our teachers were academics at some point, and we were in one of the wealthiest spots in the country.

no matter what copium /sci/ tries to pump out, the average channer cannot supp, cogsci, or otherwise train your kid in such a way as to outperform someone with actual resources.

best case scenario is you create a kid who is underserved. worst case is you spin your wheels trying to make them something they’re not and they resent you.

Anonymous No. 16183290

>>16181366
went to a school that was about that asian and academically-focused. turns out smarter people do all of the non-academic shit too — dumb hijinks, sports, sex, drugs, etc. — but they also have a high GPA. academics aren’t a social currency, either.

it’s not hard to be well-rounded, anon. maybe talk to some interesting people sometime lmao

Anonymous No. 16183293

>>16177990
cram schools are a thing, but as someone who attended one in MS and couple years in HS I can say they help with harder topics, but also make your life complete shit. Knew a lot of kids who just ended up burnt-out or worse, and a fair number of them actively don't talk to their parents. I'd say just provide your kids a stable environment and try to motivate them to find passions that correspond to topics they are learning in school. Every kid is different though, and the way our education system is, only kids who fit a certain mold are rewarded and celebrated. Definitely is a fucked system, but oh well.

Image not available

1920x640

Magnum Meme.jpg

Anonymous No. 16183298

>>16177990
Far away from nigs, that is a no brainier.

Anonymous No. 16184589

>>16180283
>>16182670
both easily google questions