Image not available

1773x1251

JungleAnimals.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16179667

Where does the initial movement in animal bodies happen? In simple terms.

By movement I mean, when you decide to move your eye, your hand, any part of you, where does the initial movement happen involved in the thought to do that? in your brain? is it some kind of chemical signal? what is the first thing that happens to trigger me to do something, physically.

Anonymous No. 16179676

>>16179667
>in your brain?
Yes
>is it some kind of chemical signal?
Yes
>what is the first thing that happens to trigger me to do something, physically?
Chemicals build up on the end of axon terminals until finally enough has been collected and all of the chemical pours out on to the dendrites of an adjacent neuron. Eventually this reaches neurons in the brain stem which sends a pulse down the spinal cord. After reaching the muscle, a receptor floods the muscle with potassium to make it contract. This is a very simplified version of events but this is the general flow. As for what started the chemicals to flow in the brain, the answers is they have always been flowing from other neurons since the creature has been born.

Anonymous No. 16179710

>>16179676
Okay, thanks.
Seems to me like the chain reaction of physical movements of molecules that end up moving an animals limbs can be traced back to your parents and their sperm and eggs

Anonymous No. 16179759

>>16179667
Often but not always in the CNS. The CNS is not always the brain. Alot of movement is involuntary and the chain starts in the spine or even closer to the target muscle. Sometimes the responsible neurons even exist in the organ itself: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/new-3-d-map-illuminates-little-brain-nerve-cells-within-heart
Voluntary action, say everything that is rather complex and specialized, not simply periodic or reflexive, originates from the brain.

Anonymous No. 16181034

>>16179667
Nowhere now shut up