Image not available

966x1237

Screenshot_202402....jpg

๐Ÿงต Griffiths Quantum Mechanics

Anonymous No. 16180496

I just want your opinion, in honesty, how bad was your experience this book? There's so many horrible reviews about it so I just wanted to ask.

Anonymous No. 16180874

>>16180496
Its a very good book for what it does; an introduction. I enjoyed it a lot actually.

The problem with it is that it is an introduction book. In first year uni physics textbooks they give you a good introduction to topics like classical mechanics and electrodynamics, and THEN you get to some big boy books in the year after.

However, those same first year books fail to give a proper introduction to QM. They only have like 50-100 pages and its just simply not enough combined with the fact that the mathematics needed is a step higher than why those books require also doesn't help.

I think of Griffiths QA book like Kleppner's Mechanics book, a very good and proper introduction to a topic. While I think of a book like Shankar's QA book like Taylor's Mechanics book, a much more in-depth and expansive look at a topic that you already have some previous knowledge about.

If you can understand that then you can understand why some people feel let down by that book. Its just a good introduction to a complex topic that you'll be thankful for but what you'll eventually outgrow with other books on the same topic.