Image not available

650x403

tri.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16181409

Interesting hypothesis from an anonymous onanist:
If biological evolution happened exactly as fast as one would statistically predict, the multiverse interpretation of quantum theory is almost certainly false. If biological evolution happened significantly faster than one would statistically predict, the quantum multiverse theory is almost certainly true.

In our day-to-day lives, multiverse interpretation might not be falsifiable, because you cannot make a distinction between hidden variables, true randomness and just finding yourself constantly in one of the "typical"/"most likely" timelines.

However, you must exist in a universe that creates observers in the first place. And there is a good reason to think such a universe would be somewhere in the "less-likely" percentile of the probability wave evolution.
Biological evolution is probably highly dependent on quantum effects, and chaos theory effects that follow.

If you can show that life on earth was just "too lucky" in a consistent manner, you can deduce it's because failed on other earths. If not, you could perhaps make a reverse deduction - why are you not in a universe where it would emerge faster?

Anonymous No. 16181423

*takes another puff* yyeeeh... so that's basically my post. Far out I...

Anonymous No. 16181428

>>16181409
Nice One, Oni-Chan.
Do You Have Any Mathematical Models to Exactly Define Why Statistical Regularity in Our Predictive Sets Would Render, Not Only Multiverse Theory "Internally" Falsifiable, But That It Would Actually Invalidate the Concept Itself?

-Eggman

Anonymous No. 16181434

>>16181409
>Biological evolution is probably highly dependent on quantum effects,
KEK, no it's not. You've obviously not studied evolution at all. It's a branch of study filled with holes and basically bullshit. Darwin's own critique of evolution has never been countered, the lack of intermediary fossils proving evolution from a common ancestor. How many generations and how much money spent looking....still nothing. All you get are excuses for why they can't find the evidence but they assure you the evidence exists even though they may never find it.....yet it's all real. KEK.

Anonymous No. 16181440

>>16181434
Nobody actually believes you're a BASED TRAD young earth creationist xitter kid

Anonymous No. 16181446

>>16181428
>>16181428
I mean...
>No quantum multiverse:
statistically unlikely quantum events happening consecutively over long periods of time are unlikely due to classical philosophical interpretation of statistics, ergo they don't fucking happen, ever

>Quantum multiverse:
statistically unlikely quantum events happening consecutively over long periods of time are unlikely, because they happen in a relatively small fraction of "universes" created, thus they do exist, but you don't observe them, like you don't win a lotto ticket twice in a row

If evolution happened too fast from it's beginning on earth, a molecular lottery was won.

Anonymous No. 16181451

>>16181434
OP here, yeah, god just made almost all DNA on earth fit together like a puzzle to fuck with us. Intermediary fossils exist, intermediary species are very short-lived. Go away troll.

Anonymous No. 16181456

>>16181434
>Biological evolution is probably highly dependent on quantum effects.
>KEK, no it's not.
It is, actually. That's one of the many reasons why genetic sequences mutate, at all.
>It's a branch of study filled with holes and basically bullshit.
Crazy. What's Your Alternative, "Sir?"
>the lack of intermediary fossils proving evolution from a common ancestor.
Same Exact Point, as Previously Stated.
If This is The Case, Which it Is Not: What Is, Your Alternative?
Some Sick, Demented, Twisted-Ass Fucking UGLY Jehovah Lie?
The Fossil Record is INSANELY Incomplete, Because Not Everything Fossilizes, So That's Something You Definitely Did Not Take Into Account.

So, Feel Free, to Post More, and Continue to Look, Like a Complete Dumbass.

https://youtu.be/y4mPkze9AEs?si=rJ1FSFs1vqE8bI0j

-E.G.G.M.A.N.

Anonymous No. 16181466

>>16181409
This is actually big brain. It's a way to put the genie back in the bottle, that is, to put the role of the observer back into the Born probabilities. Who knew the Anthropic Principle would be useful after all?
Now you only need to dedicate your life to proving it. You can go the cuck peer-reviewed route, or the schizo 4chan book author route. Either way, I'll read your results if I can find them 10 years from now. GG

Anonymous No. 16181467

>>16181446
So, Are You Suggesting These "Statistically Unlikely Quantum Events," Essentially Compact into More Regular Macrophenomena?

>a molecular lottery was won.

Factor in How Large and Old the Universe is, and That Extraterrestrial Lifeforms are MUCH More Common than We Expect...
If it Were Infinite... In the Sense of Never Ending, What Would Be the Probability of EVERYTHING Happening, that Would Be Possible, Over Time?

-Professor Eggman-

Anonymous No. 16181478

>>16181466
Alex, Shut the Ever Living Fuck Up.
Adults are Talking.
You SIX Year Old...

QUEER.

-Eggman-

Anonymous No. 16181482

>>16181467
I understand your points and don't think they relate at all, will not touch upon "alien life" at all.
We would focus on biological evolution on earth only and specifically, to see if mutations and their phenotypical effects seem truly random (or match statistical predictions when you add in other mechanisms of evolution, like sex, viral infections, reconfiguration).
If we would discover that evolution happened too fast, was a bit too lucky and it looks like it has some "extra processing power" that can't be stored in our universe, it would suggest that selection happened across a multiverse.

Anonymous No. 16181484

>>16181466
>>16181466
Oh, no sir. I'm an ADHD-ridden piece of shit that does not care. If this makes any sense, I hope a smarter person picks this up from the ether.

Anonymous No. 16181488

>>16181482
Interesting.
Care to Elaborate, Further?

>>16181484
Nice Try, You Rotten Anaximandite Pile of Shit.

-Professor E.G.G.M.A.N.-

Anonymous No. 16181493

>>16181484
You should have more faith in yourself. This is your idea, I hope you find the willpower and the patience to carry it out and at least write a book about it.
>>16181488
Can someone ban this troll?

Anonymous No. 16181496

>>16181409
Multiverse is bullshit because
1. it fails to account for the Born rule
2. it's cartoonish soi cringe

The latter also applied to OP's post where he conflates the mathematical concept of probability with his subjective degrees of certainty of a belief.

Image not available

694x330

eggman.png

Anonymous No. 16181506

>>16181493
>CaN sOmEoNe BaN tHiS tRoLl?

Nope.

Because I Will Buy 4chan in the Future.
And I'm a Federal Agent, as Well.
So... You Know...

Suck It.

Cluck.

-E.G.G.M.A.N.-

Anonymous No. 16181519

>>16181496
>it fails to account for the Born rule
Show me an interpretation of QM that does.
>conflates the mathematical concept of probability with his subjective degrees of certainty of a belief.
That is exactly what probability is.

Anonymous No. 16181520

>>16181493
I've just e-mailed a genuine scientist. That will be the end of it.

Anonymous No. 16181521

>>16181496
This Is Actually Fair.
Multiverse, Is Ultimately Bullshit.
But, Not for the Reasons, You State.
Either One.

>The latter also...

Not What He Was Doing, At All, But Clever, Unintentional Sophistry.

-Professor Eggman-

Anonymous No. 16181567

>>16181409
>If biological evolution happened significantly faster than one would statistically predict, the quantum multiverse theory is almost certainly true.
That's so fucking retarded I can barely believe that someone actually thinks this, however, that is assuming that the statistical models predicting the chance/speed of evolution is correct. I think even just a while ago it was discovered that evolution can be sped up by certain chemical processes related to stress, which can cause more rapid mutation. How do you statistically account for that? The simple answer is you don't, really. I think we are only just beginning to understand the role that neutrinos play in mutation as well, in addition to a litany of other things related to genetic stability.

Anonymous No. 16181578

>>16181567
What?
It's a hypothesis assuming a decent model.
It would probably not have to be anywhere near a perfect model, because just adding more random mutations in a finite amount of time (basically what your post relates to) would not allow the ecosystem to perform enough searches for proper optimization.

Anonymous No. 16181585

>>16181567
>This is so fucking retarded, but essentially let me validate it using the exact same chain of reasoning.

Nice Logic, Dipshit.
I Can Feel Your Meth-Addled Brain Melting Your Neural Genetic Sequence, Like a Hush Puppy.
Fried, Right?
GROSS. AS. SHIT.

Tell Me, FAGGOT.

What Would Happen, If You Fumigate a Brain, With Hydronic Plasmic Gas: Blue, Place a Temporal Stasis Field Around It, and "Forcibly" Insert, A Single Neutrino, Into One, Virtually Randomized, Synaptic Channel?

We'll See, Later!

Dumbass.

https://youtu.be/M1dtkfI_iuI?si=1bYuK7KkSrVLiu4h

-E.G.G.M.A.N.

Anonymous No. 16181600

>>16181585
>however

that's what this word is for, faggot retard

I appreciate the attention though

>>16181578
>would not allow the ecosystem to perform enough searches for proper optimization.

are you implying that more random mutations does not allow organisms and ecosystems to come to the state we see them in today? Ecosystems are incredibly complex and it would be difficult to really put the numbers down on how likely this or that is. The crux of the thing is that it's really hard to know, I mean what are you going to say that we live in a quantum multiverse because there was a .0001% chance that the specific beneficial mutation needed for some certain kind of life to evolve and for the ecosystem to turn out the way it did? The problem is it's stupid to be saying something like that, and especially dumb to use it as evidence for something so dumb, when there are tons of unknowns. You can't make those kinds of assertions for the same reason you can't predict the weather, or even accurately predict the effect of gravitational forces in a sufficiently complex system.

Anonymous No. 16181612

>>16181600
A ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Dumbass.

Both are EQUALLY Valid, in Either Context.

You Gross, Pathetic Little Cuck.

(((I))) KNOW.

[[[YOU]]] are SCARED, SHITLESS.

Of.

Me.

So, I'm Going to Ignore Your Little Rant.

And He Better, As Well.

You Answer Me, You Worthless Little, Pseudo-Scientist Cluck.

Because I Will Fuck Your Jaw Off.

With Scientifically Exact, Mechanical Precision.

Cumbrain, Cluck.

-Dr. Eggman-

Anonymous No. 16181628

>>16181612
when are {{{we}}} going to fuck>?

Image not available

1440x1800

hottietamale.jpg

Anonymous No. 16181632

>>16181628
After Her.

Which is Way After Lana.

God Damn.

Women are So Fucking With That Shit.

In the Best Possible Way.

Wait Until You're a Puppy.

You'll See.

-Eggman-

Anonymous No. 16181653

>>16181632
>Her

Image not available

360x360

madkermit.jpg

Anonymous No. 16181658

>>16181653

-E.G.G.M.A.N.-

Image not available

696x352

hit.webm

Anonymous No. 16181662

>>16181409
>However, you must exist in a universe that creates observers in the first place.

Anonymous No. 16181663

>>16181600
You are just throwing sentences around like a deranged fucking lunatic.
If I train 5 neural networks to perform the same task, and one does that 1000% faster than the others, something is not right.

If the multiverse was real, there could be a detectable period when evolution behaved not as if natural selection happened, but as if it "knew" the path to a final solution.
In the multiverse interpretation you'd literally have an astronomical number of universes spawning every second. And observers would only emerge in a fraction.
So we are not talking about
>a .0001% chance that the specific beneficial mutation needed for some certain kind of life to evolve
but life overall trending towards intelligent observers in a "Final Destination" or "Old guy in the sky" type fashion.
And while you could explain the "special" nature of earth and it's initial conditions by the size of the universe, bubble universes and all that, everything statistically weird occurring between RNA and animals with humans would suggest a multiverse.

Anonymous No. 16181665

>>16181653
If this is not a "her", I truly do not care anymore.

Anonymous No. 16181675

>>16181662
Why are you posting your images from your moms basement, and not from an asteroid belt around some red dwarf star? Is it because you are not there?
Sheeeeet...guess that anthropic argument does matter.

Anonymous No. 16181676

>>16181663
I Have a Proposition For You, Fren.

What Would Be the Boundary Conditions of a "Different" Uni-Verse?
What If, All Possible "Verses," Were Factored, Into a Singular Orbital Cascade, That Constantly Resonated, From the Quantum Level, to The Most Obscene Macro?
What if Black Holes Were Dormant "Verses," As Well?

I Ask, Because the Boundary Conditions, of Other "Uni"-Verses, Would Have To Factor into the Probability Sequence, of Earth's Evolutionary Reference Frame, To Determine if They Are Even Relevant to the Statistical Irregularities, Quantum or Not, in Your Entire Hypothesis.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND, SON?!

AAAAAAAAAH

-Professor Eggman.

Anonymous No. 16181685

>>16181662
Loli's confirmed on the side of the toilets. Death to camera people.

Image not available

1000x1000

frenbox.jpg

Anonymous No. 16181699

wait until we're just chill and hanging out with other friends and just doing dumb science shit in space and other dimensions and planes of existence and realms of eternia.

forever.

frens.

https://youtu.be/BzO4f8OqGW8?si=kE6JVikVrpiLgCy1

-stan-

Anonymous No. 16181700

science and math

Anonymous No. 16181704

>>16181676
You do not understand this thread.

Only the "universe splitting" happening in the history of life on earth would matter.
Literally the only fucking thing that defines what is probable are known properties of chemistry and physics.
You just need research information theory, optimization, statistics, biology, paleontology etc., REAL, TANGABLE SCIENCE.
With that you figure out if the speed of evolution roughly matches the time and processing power of the ecosystem, or if correct answers appear without sufficient "selection space".

Boundaries of other universes do not matter, just the fact that there is an astronomical number of them.

Image not available

874x641

happyeggman.png

Anonymous No. 16181709

>>16181704
BOOOOOORING.

I Know You're Not The Same Guy.

But Nice Try, You Weasel-y Little Cuck.

Your Entire Post Contradicts Itself, In Every Possible Way.

But, Just To Conclusively FUCK, Your ENTIRE ARGUMENT, Into Dust.

>Boundaries of other universes do not matter...

Quantum Foam.

Suck My Dick.

-E.G.G.M.A.N.-

Anonymous No. 16181722

>>16181663
>but as if it "knew"

which you would have no way of distinguishing from random chance or a random increase in the amount of mutations or a variety of other factors you could not possibly account for due to the complexity, and would be stuck making shot in the dark guesses as to how it works because our knowledge of how everything works is too flimsy to even make a remotely accurate model.

AND THEN you would have to make the assumption that the infinitely small chance that something occurred is because there were actually a million other universes and we live in the one where everything works. Instead of just, you know, accepting that maybe it just happened that way and a really small chance is still chance enough for something to happen. Or you could just accept that God is real and he created the universe in such a way that it would accommodate life. Which, to me, is far less stupid than believing in that multiverse garbage.

Image not available

1264x1176

1715632351735787.gif

Anonymous No. 16181735

>>16181722
You Have No "Idea" How "Knowledge" Factors into Both Computer Circuitry, Nor Neural, Asswipe.
Think of Fixed Rates, For One.
Immutable, For the Most Part, But Can Not Be Manipulated by Auxiliary Data, Yet Can Manipulate the AD in Return, Sometimes, in a Partially Mutual Relationship.
Figure Out How This Relates to Quantum Mechanics, Genetic Sequencing, and Evolution, Yet?

Of Course, You Haven't, Dickhead.

https://youtu.be/WZElgc9E0FA?si=BOI5HgwRlEshXFWP

-Professor Eggman-

Anonymous No. 16181737

>>16181722
>which you would have no way of distinguishing from random chance or a random increase in the amount of mutations
Why do you keep saying these empty statements and expect me to argue with them?
Do you understand basic statistics?
Random mutations are necessary for evolution. They can not provide optimization alone, if there are not enough living organism with enough offspring. This is not x-men. MUTATION AND SELECTION.
The amount of neutrinos, UV light and other mutagens would not need to be known exactly. You can define a boundary that defines the amount of variation that can be beneficial.
This is not a non-computable problem for the reasons you state.

Anonymous No. 16181761

>>16181737
> You can define a boundary that defines the amount of variation that can be beneficial.

you probably literally can't

Anonymous No. 16181774

>>16181761
If you understand that statistics do work, and get your stubborn brain beyond tracking individual mutations and counting atoms, you very likely can. It would be more like a multi-dimensional distribution of sorts, but you get my point.

Anonymous No. 16181783

>>16181774
you have no idea what counts as a beneficial mutation except in hindsight. Honestly that's probably the issue with this more than anything else, trying to extrapolate the likelihood of beneficial mutations in an environment you know nothing about without even having solid ideas of what the mutation rate even looks like.

You can't just hamfistedly throw statistics at this problem just like you can't just magically solve the 3 body problem or predict the weather. Want to know how I know that? Because you're trying to say that aberrant positive results are proof of multi quantum universes lmao.

Image not available

620x397

nicejob!.jpg

Anonymous No. 16181787

>>16181774

I'm Extremely Looking Forward to Working With You, Friend.
In Evolutionary Biology, First, Statistical Mechanics, Second, and Then, Forever, Observing Strange Formation of Lifeforms, Using, Generally, The Same Theoretical Framework You Are Developing, With Relative Ease.

https://youtu.be/9VCPZaSJc1Y?si=AP1SkxE5fqri2RR4

-Eggman-

Anonymous No. 16181792

>>16181774
Honestly, Dude.
How Old Are You?
If College Age, and In America, I Can Talk to MIT, Where I Went, and Suggest a Scholarship For You, or a Permanent Research Position.

zumbee33, is my discord, if needed.

-Professor E.G.G.M.A.N.-

Anonymous No. 16181813

>>16181409
>>16181434
>>16181446

THIS IS what is left of trilobites

An earthly creature that is merely a few millimeters long, scientist claim it is an insect but they are wrong, it is a surviving trilobite

Scientist are usually eager to claim anything insect if it has 6 legs

But as I see it insects are now in three different categories

>primitive wingless (only silverfish and its cousins)
this group is 400 million years old

>primitive winged (all insects that has wings but do not go through metamorphosis)
this group is 290 million years old

>modern insects (winged and has a metamorphosis)
this group is 60 million years old

Anonymous No. 16181821

>>16181813
Good, but not MIT Material.
Maybe One Day.

-Eggman-

Anonymous No. 16181823

>>16181792
I am way beyond college age, or
>unfunny memes based on cartoons dedicated to children
Anonymous No. 16181825

>>16181823
Then How Would You Like a Research Position?

I Can't Guarantee It.

But! I Can Certainly Influence Their Decision, and Do HIGHLY Advise that You Contact Them, Whenever You Want.

-Professor Eggman-

Image not available

1024x768

collembola.jpg

Anonymous No. 16181846

>>16181821
sorry I forgot the picture
it lives in North Norway in snow

Image not available

1246x549

Inst00.png

Anonymous No. 16181849