Image not available

2560x1081

dkbel7uecbn61.png

๐Ÿงต Magneto and electromagnetic inductions

Anonymous No. 16186998

So something bugged me when I was watching X-Men: First Class.
When Magneto/Magnus was trying to manipulate the coin in front of Sebastian Shaw and his mother, he struggled because scientifically speaking, the 5 Reichsmark he tried to manipulate was made out of 90% silver, which meant it had a weak magnetic signature so he would not be able to move it since he doesn't have control over his powers. As in the manipulation of his magnetism, if you will
Given how we know that we can categorize metals into three groups to identify their magnetic material: ferromagnetic, diamagnetic, and paramagnetic, shouldn't it be duly noted on how Magneto is written as part of his strength to manipulate the magnetic fields surrounding the metals and not just the metal itself? Because if you take into account of ALL the metals he can manipulate (including possible metals such as nth from DC's Thanagarian maces and Uru from Thor's
Mjolnir), should Magneto's powers encompass the manipulation of those certain fields that are found MORE or LESS within the metals that are categorized by their magnetism or are his powers something that are all-encompassing to begin with? As in, non-discriminatory and regardless of magnetic strength? Because it doesn't make sense for him to manipulate silver with the same magnetic strength as iron or nickel, as gold and silver are not ferromagnetic.
I will also make a thread on /co/ explaining this basis of conjecture to better understand and identify the science behind Magneto's powers.
While we're on the subject, should we also take into account Faraday's Law when discussing the polarity of Earth's axis as we saw in the Ultimatum arc written by Jeph Loeb?
https://youtu.be/UYPaeqYUzPs?si=b9LoQD71nPkkIQTD

Anonymous No. 16187013

>>16186998
You obsess over escapist fiction because you're trying to avoid thinking about the disgusting and embarrassing failure that you've allowed your real life to become

Image not available

720x877

not what was expe....jpg

Anonymous No. 16187015

>>16186998
Meatls only either resist or don't resist the flow of electrons, and as you should be aware, magnetism and magnetic fields are created as a wake of the movement of electrons through gravity.
duh...

Image not available

422x357

1715446817017023.png

Anonymous No. 16187017

>>16187013
What would you say to help me make it better, then?

Anonymous No. 16187022

>>16187015
But couldn't those properties be negated with Magneto's rotation of the Earth's axis?

Anonymous No. 16187074

>explain why this fictional thing was real

Anonymous No. 16187255

>>16187017
Go to gym and have sex, unironically