Image not available

750x1000

sad_lain.png

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ ๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16188073

How do you get good at mathematics if it's been long enough that I struggle with basic arithmetic now? The feeling of inadequacy is torturous now that I I'm taking computer science and remembered I only got through high school calculus by memorising

Anonymous No. 16188102

>>16188073
Just solve some calculations in your head.
You don't need a special method. Just do what works for you.
Eventually you will figure out the general pattern behind the four basic operations.
This is how everyone who hasn't rote memorized arithmetic learnt it. So just give it a shot.

If you don't trust your memory to keep all the digits straight, you can also solve on paper, but I highly advise against it, because a paper calculation makes you more susceptible to believing there is some ordained method you need to follow. Do mental math.

Anonymous No. 16188103

>>16188073
This is probably a (you) farming attempt but whatever. I'm on this board to help people and that's what I'm going to do.

>I struggle with basic arithmetic
Then start by doing practice exercises. You can find plenty online, and you can even have ChatGPT whip some problems up for you if you're too lazy. Do it every day. Set aside a block of time in your routine for exclusively doing 20-25 problems each day. Start by focusing on each one individually (Multiplication, Addition, Division, Subtraction), then when you feel comfortable start mixing them together. If you get frustrated or angry, take a break, and come back to it later. You aren't gonna be productive if you're angry or frustrated.

This phase might take you up to a month, depending on your proficiency level. But that's okay, consistency is key here. Practicing the basics just makes you that much better at all the hard stuff.

When you're finished with reviewing basic arithmetic, you can start algebra and work your way back up the ladder. I would say that at this point you could use kahn academy or something, but it's perfectly okay if you'd rather do everything your own way.

Good luck, I believe in you, anon!

Image not available

540x667

present_time.jpg

Anonymous No. 16188112

>>16188102
>>16188103
Thank you kind souls

Anonymous No. 16188462

>>16188073
You'll remember everything if you just spend .5-2 hours a day practising. It can be hard to motivate self, so give some daily rewards for yourself

Anonymous No. 16189232

>>16188102
>just solve some calculations in your head
You make it sound easy

Anonymous No. 16189240

>>16189232
After doing it for a while it certainly can be