1714165067912638.jpg

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ ๐Ÿงต I feel subhuman

Anonymous No. 16188608

>did well in school but mindlessly put no thought into my future
>did a mechanical engineering degree I had less than zero interest in
>do the bare minimum to pass
>have a paper pushing job
>feel bad about not having done a math or physics degree
>feel bad about not doing hard technical stuff every day during 9 to 5, rather than horrifically boring paperwork

Feels so bad. I squandered any intelligence that I had. If you're young, don't make my mistake. The only worthwhile path is as much math, physics, and computer science at university as possible, with the aim of being a software developer / PhD student / some other quantitative job.

I have three siblings that did engineering (not software) degrees and who are now doing engineering work. I get paid more than them. But they are contributing towards society and their jobs take some thought.

Anonymous No. 16188628

>>16188608
Then try to fix it instead of bitching like a woman.

Anonymous No. 16189469

>>16188608
it wouldn't have mattered either way if you did a math or physics degree you would've ended up with the same fate in the job market. if you still want to study those degrees you still can but the real reason people can't study their interests is not because they made the wrong choice first time around... their are soo many degrees that peak people's interests especially in stem it would have been inevitable that you felt regret for not learning some major in college, I hear math majors who regret not studying biology, bio majors who regret not studying neuroscience, some others philosophy or economics etc... the list goes on. What you really need to solve your problem is money your archetype is the endless student you'd rather study and learn in a class setting forever about topics that interest you. the main thing holding you back is your 9 to 5 job e.g. money you could easily go back to study whatever degree you want if you had the money but it doesn't matter anymore now. Chatgpt, ai is slowly advancing the rate of deprecation of knowledge in those institutions and new learning you'd have to do to keep up with the latest college will not be able to do.

Anonymous No. 16189472

>>16188608
ai will soon replace us all don't worry anon everyone will be jobless soon give it 2 years