Image not available

500x275

a2538e87bbb77c267....gif

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16190844

What kind of process decides which consciousness will be put at which body? Should not this kind of process consume energy? From a side perspective you can say that it just appears in the brain at certain amount of brain activity. But why my consciousness appeared in this body and not in another?

Anonymous No. 16190848

>>16190844
Retarded ass question.

Anonymous No. 16190852

>>16190848
You're right, but that's exactly what makes it so freaky. There's obviously no physical process deciding that "I'm me", as opposed to anyone else, in fact there's basically have to be someone "who's me" so long as my body exists and is alive, but the sense that I am a consciousness that has been chosen, and that this is a meaningful thing to account for, as there are somehow so many other conscious beings I "could have been" but am not, is incredible and inexplicable.

Anonymous No. 16190866

>>16190852
Meds, now.

Anonymous No. 16190871

>>16190866
Like, we're talking about a basic aspect of reality and how we exist in the world. If just acknowledging this problem is too much for you you don't have to be here, but if you're one of those stemlords who just despises discussions about consciousness and anything to do with acknowledging the reality of it you're free to kill yourself. :)

Anonymous No. 16190884

>>16190844
>which consciousness
It's all the same consciousness, there is no which. It is however currently viewing the universe from the fixed boundaries of your brain & its senses, as it is also simultaneously viewing from mine. It is only due to the physical separation that the two viewpoints remain unaware of what the other is experiencing.

That's my personal theory anyway.

Anonymous No. 16190895

>>16190884
But how it was decided where to put the particular viewpoint? Religions try to explain it with resurrection, previous life karma and other bullshit but I did not see theories from a science perspective.

Anonymous No. 16191086

>>16190895
It was "decided" when your body was born/concieved/became aware. The conciousness became (you) because your brain happened to exist and it was isolated from all other consciousness and therefore became (you). It's (you) because (you) exist. The only way to guarantee you'd be born as a cute girl and not you for instance, would be to ensure only cute girls would ever be born. But because (you) began to exist, we all unfortunately ended up talking to you instead.

Anonymous No. 16191214

>>16190844
Why the wind blows east and not west? [SPOILER]Because OP is a faggot[/spoiler]