Image not available

1026x985

Transcript.png

๐Ÿงต I think I can't double major

Anonymous No. 16193381

I see everywhere people double majoring like it's walk in the park. How the fuck they do it? Look at this shit. I took 88 credits in two years and still behind for both biochemistry and computer science and turns out I needed to take probability and statistics class, which I missed in my first year and my retarded advisor didn't notice despite discussing my schedule with him every semester. I will need to take at least four classes this summer to catch up with my majors. Otherwise, I'm in deep trouble next year because of prerequisites and I'm burnt out to ashes already. Not even mad for getting C in us government, I barely showed up to classes anyway. My gpa in the gutter beyond repair. Fucking hell, this doesn't feel doable. I'm on the verge of quitting everything.

Anonymous No. 16193383

>>16193381
>C in orgo
ngmi

Anonymous No. 16193385

>>16193381
what a fucking waste of time, you're an idiot. the only possible thing I could think of is you're a dumb premed who wants a backup plan, but even then, you could take the minimum required to apply rather than get an entire degree in biochemistry

Anonymous No. 16193394

Major respect to anyone who does chemistry. I went for a physics major and got a math minor just to avoid taking any chemistry classes

Anonymous No. 16193396

>>16193381
I know this person that is triple majoring and has a girlfriend and parties all the time
what the fuck
I fucking hate people

Nathan Rapport No. 16193421

>>16193381
I double-majored in physics and applied math despite starting off as an undeclared engineering major for my entire freshman year and not being able to count math classes for physics toward my applied math degree. I also took general chem and ochem for no reason.

The trick is to ignore everything your advisors tell you and insist on scheduling all of the classes you need, even if they conflict with each other. My advisors let me do this as long as I remained in good academic standing, although they insisted that what I was doing was bound for failure. I ended up graduating with a lot of credits, around double the number I needed for a regular bachelor's degree.

My gpa was only a 3.0 though, so if you want to get into grad school or medical school, what I did was pretty dumb and pointless. It was pretty dumb and pointless regardless actually, but in theory I learned more than I would have otherwise. FYI I had a full ride though so it didn't cost me anything extra to load up on classes.

OP No. 16193486

>>16193421
Thanks for the input friend. I'm also on a full ride scholarship. Instead of gen ed classes I should have loaded up on bio and cs classes in my first year. That was my biggest mistake and now I'm playing catch up. Forgot to mention it, but I also have a research secured for the summer and + 4 classes I need to take and this summer looks like a hell already. My goal is to solve anti-aging, so of course I need to go grad school. I'm taking cs so that I can master and use AI to help with my research in the future. Was planning to do masters in AI and then go for phd, but I'm not so sure now. If I can successfully get over this summer it still might be doable. Otherwise, it's fucking over. I will probably drop cs after that.

Nathan Rapport No. 16193562

>>16193486
>My goal is to solve anti-aging, so of course I need to go grad school
You're probably not going to solve that problem single-handedly so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to become an expert in multiple fields, especially at the cost of getting into a good grad program.

You might consider an alternative approach like earning lots of money, then switching gears once you've amassed some wealth and focusing on anti-aging. If you can make a few million by the time you hit 30, that still leaves a couple decades left for productive research.

Good luck anon, don't forget your buddy Nate when you figure it all out.

Anonymous No. 16193588

>>16193381
You double major when you have a 4 year scholarship/stipend but came in with 45+ credit hours from AP exams. And then you major in field with significant overlap and use electives on those slots. You don't just decide "hey lets stay 2 more years and hope the colleges schedule their courses optimally" because they never do.

>t. Chem engineering and math

Anonymous No. 16193633

A 3.82 is genuinely better than most people I've seen applying to grad school anon. Especially considering whatever program you eventually apply to will only really be interested in relevant courses, and not fucking history of music or us government which you fumbled by some miracle, that brings your GPA up even higher. Don't sweat it fren, get some research experience, do a thesis, publish it, and you'll be golden