Image not available

986x954

1610482.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16195768

We need a new internet tool for human knowledge building
What we have now is Wikipedia which is based on old books, and just a lot of people doing their own thing that others have done before, wasting everyone's time. We are not collaborating as we should.

It should contain everything people have figured out. And it should let different ideas fight it out using logic. Again we're just wasting time with everyone having the same stupid arguments over and over. If we actually use logic and let anyone come with stuff they think is right, then apply logic, compare, etc, it should become an arbiter of reason and vastly speed up science. It could possibly even let us avoid all the dumb public discussions that have been going on. If people actually see that this tool is giving us the best answer we have combined as a species.

We have gotten the internet now but we still aren't using it right.

Anonymous No. 16195823

>>16195768
I feel this is a thread for /pol/ anon, since it is about resource management and their associated decisions, meaning economics and politics. No?

Anonymous No. 16195826

>>16195823
(BTW, I agree with you, the internet turned into a wasteland of banality, but so did cable TV, and so did TV, and so did radio, and so did magazines, ando so did cinema, and so did newspapers, etc)
The problem isn't the tech, it's human nature.
cheers.

Anonymous No. 16195866

>>16195826
I think you're talking about the result of the internet, hence technology.

Anonymous No. 16195871

>>16195823
>it is about resource management
It's about tools to further science and knowledge.

Image not available

976x850

1716821000199.jpg

Anonymous No. 16195888

>>16195768
Give AI one more year and this will be solved.

Anonymous No. 16195897

I'm currently building a website, a compendium of basic scientific knowledge. My plan is to remain on safe ground though, not much get to the cutting edge of knowledge. I'm starting out with basic and fundamental subjects, Newton's forces, trigonometry, periodic table, basic algebra, etc. The difference from other websites is that the interface is much better and more organized, it's a no-bullshit approach. Do you want to remember a formula? It's there, simple as, like a multidisciplinary handbook It's not open for edit like Wikipedia, also not a study hub like khan academy in which a tutor grabs you by the hand, more of a support material for studying and grasping basic scientific concepts and facts about the world.

Do you have any suggestions?

Anonymous No. 16195965

>>16195768
>We need a new internet tool for human knowledge building
it's called Youtube and everything you need to know is on there, I just seasoned a cast iron pan after watching a couple "how to" vids on there and last week I fixed my sunroof after watching a few vids on there.

Anonymous No. 16195980

>>16195768
Wiki is trash. It is just politically motivated topics with endless spin and government editorializing. Any uncompromised editor on there should be ashamed of themselves for dedicating their time to such a shit show.

Image not available

719x902

too busy not bein....jpg

Anonymous No. 16196108

>>16195871
Attention is a resource, it needs management. Tiktok is mismanagement. Professional sports are mismanagement. Netflix binge watching is mismanagement. etc, etc
The internet is a fantastic tool, but most don't want to use it like you and me do. Feelings are chard to change, otherwise everyone would be eagerly lining up to do PhDs in advanced science, but we aren't.

Anonymous No. 16196113

>>16195888
Checked. This.

Anonymous No. 16196299

>>16195768
Create a database for math theorems written in a language that can be read by an interactive theorem prover. Any invalid argument can be validated or invalidated and any assumptions that used to derive any conclusion are made explicit, not implicit

Mathlib4 written in Lean4:
https://github.com/leanprover-community/mathlib4

An AI has already been used with Lean4 to solve mathematical olympiad problems
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_(proof_assistant)#Artificial_intelligence

Anonymous No. 16196318

>>16196299
There's already been some talk about using theorem provers and assistants in the math community:
https://youtu.be/3l1RMiGeTfU?si=5qqZuqqecf0fOpe3

Mathlib4 and similar databases should be sufficient for the things you >>16195768 describe.

Anonymous No. 16196731

>>16195768
>literallydescribingwikipedia.jpg
dude... stop being lazy and contribute.

Anonymous No. 16197604

>>16195965
YouTube is a great tool for personal knowledge building, simple topics. Not so great for expanding the knowledge of humanity, or to easily give you the truth of topics that are above what could be considered basic knowledge or for controversial topics.

>I just seasoned a cast iron pan after watching a couple "how to" vids on there and last week I fixed my sunroof after watching a few vids on there.
Prime examples of what it's good for.

Anonymous No. 16197612

>>16195768
nothing will ever beat wikipedia, you simply don't enjoy it because many complain but do not contribute.
It's every specialty scientist's duty to follow and monitor the topics in wikipedia under their expertise. I do so myself because I love science and divulging it too, and if you are a scientist, so should you.

Anonymous No. 16197628

>>16196108
That may be so but the average Joe also want to know stuff.

Anonymous No. 16197643

>>16195768
It's a good idea on paper, but it has a lot of the same pitfalls as existing sites that allow user contributions.

For example, if there was infact incorrect information on there - whose job is it to fix it? The users? Or a curator? If the former, you end up with bot farms. If the latter, you're centralising knowledge to an authority and you end up in a reddit mod situation.

Anonymous No. 16197658

>>16195826
>cable TV
Cable TV was one of the dumbest things of the past century. It's like "you know TV? Well pay to have MORE TV, with a hundred channels playing crap you don't care about 24/7 because you played for it before you could download stuff you actually wanted to see off the net"