Image not available

720x720

1687998811343855.jpg

🗑️ 🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16201091

>just found out there are not only people who HAVE to eat with youtube/television on but apparently most people do???
Huh? What the fuck? Explain the science behind this. What happened to sitting down and just eating without any distractions?

Anonymous No. 16201096

Boredom and pleasure seeking
/thread

Anonymous No. 16201105

>>16201091
Dopamine receptors get fried with use, if you regularly engage in distractions then you build tolerance for that level of continuous entertainment and then feel anxious without it.

Anonymous No. 16201107

>>16201096
That only raises further questions. Who the fuck is bored while eating?

Anonymous No. 16201111

>>16201107
Most people eat to satisfy their boredom in the sense they desire to satisfy the hunger drive when they hardly need to eat at that moment. Eating three square meals a day is kind of a meme when you can mow down a large meal at any point in time and maintain your caloric intake. It’s just the simple nature of not fighting your precursor to avoid a process which tempts you to feign superiority over a world that cannot reagently acknowledge you exist due to “chemicals” in your brain?

Anonymous No. 16201113

>>16201107
I used to eat only with nothing else on (don't have a TV, don't use my phone outside (not a typo) of bed and don't turn on my PC before heading to work, sometimes not turning it on after I come home).
But at some point I stopped eating breakfast and watch YT or listen to music after waking up or while cooking in the evening. When I am in company I don't do these things and just try to talk to them. But after 9 years of living alone, I am just done running mental loops in my head. I'd still like myself more if I didn't use that type of distraction, but as OP said it has become the norm.

Image not available

720x719

Anime_Sad_Lonely.jpg

Anonymous No. 16201144

>>16201091
>Explain the science behind this.

Eating is typically a very social ritual for most people: people would gather around for breakfast and dinner with their families, go to lunch with friends or colleagues, and either discuss the days topics or just appreciate each other's company in silence.
Today we live in an *extremely* socially isolating environment and that violently isn't good for us when a homosapiens are a kind of ape with a registered "social sphere"/recognize troop of about 120 potential individuals. We live in a desperately lonely society and so just like how a bird cage will often have mirrors; people eat in front of the television, computer, to keep them company. There's a similar phenomena with seniors, another demographic of people that are desperately lonely, where in the past they would commonly keep a couple of low-maintenance birds like budgies, finches, sparrows, etc, but today they'll just leave the tv on. The reason remains the same; create noise that give the illusion of a full/busy house.

Anonymous No. 16201151

>>16201144
>we
Men do, women get fucked in all holes every time they eat or do anything, really.

Anonymous No. 16201152

>>16201144
Things an active appeal to popularity and not much to do with anything else. I’d assume OP is more intelligent than that.

Image not available

598x374

images (8).jpg

Anonymous No. 16201191

>>16201144
Fake and gay explanation. Most ppl eat with screens cus they're bored, and the ppl who need to are just addicted.
Families used to eat around the tv. I still eat dinner watching tele, sometimes /w mom, altho she prefers short-form phone content.

Anonymous No. 16201321

>>16201091
>Huh? What the fuck? Explain the science behind this. What happened to sitting down and just eating without any distractions?

No, you explain to me why the fuck you are wasting your time on this Earth which is limited on doing the most mundane shit possible, essentially fueling yourself and focusing on it exclusively like for some reason it needs your full attention instead of doing something else at the same time. Your stomach doesn't give a fuck, it just does what it does.

Anonymous No. 16201360

>>16201321
Ahahahahaha faggot zoomer what couldnt regurgitate an andrew tate quote to go with that one?

Anonymous No. 16201371

>>16201091
Social alienation. If you, like a normal person, have your people around you, care about them and eat with them, you'd not even think of ever showing them disrespect like this but instead show proper manners while dining and take part in the conversation.

Anonymous No. 16201394

>>16201360
I'm not even zoomer you moron.

Anonymous No. 16201405

>>16201091
>What happened to sitting down and just eating without any distractions?
If you just sit at your table and eat and do nothing, I think you have some kind of brain dysfunction that makes you unable to do more than one thing at a time. That you use the word distractions also shows this, that you have a problem with your brain that makes you unable to handle the slightest thing.

Anonymous No. 16201419

>>16201394
lol mad

Anonymous No. 16201424

>>16201405
>you have some kind of brain dysfunction that makes you unable to do more than one thing at a time
Why does it need to be a matter of inability? Why do you feel so personally attacked by the insinuation that sitting down and enjoying a meal in silence is a simple pleasure in life? I think you're a faggot.

Anonymous No. 16201426

>>16201405
>That you use the word distractions also shows this
I think you just want it to be that way because for some reason you feel insulted

Anonymous No. 16201437

>>16201424
>>16201426
How does it feel to be wrong? Work on your deductions till next time, "Sherlock".

Anonymous No. 16201974

>>16201091
I agree it's a problem for kids/bros to need to be distracted to eat without throwing a tantrum,

but... really... who doesn't prefer dinner and a movie at a theater grill vs a dinner *or* a movie. Having both is better than either (and arguably both together is worse than separately, but) in our short lives on earth I don't think it's an issue to multitask on entertainment and consumption.