Image not available

3000x2001

adderall_pills_cl....jpg

๐Ÿงต Adderall for Studying and Lectures

Anonymous No. 16201583

How effective is this stuff? I've heard stories of academics taking several adderall pills per day. I had a brief stint in college a few years ago, and the reason I believe I did poorly in one of my classes was because I would often lose focus. The professor would be discussing a topic for 20 minutes, and I would start thinking about something else 5 minutes in, and then regaining my focus 2 minutes later, being completely lost. Studying at home would remedy this, but would adderall also improve my studying, making my time more worth while? To me, and I don't know if this is true, the more you focus on a subject, the more connections you make, and the better you understand it and remember it.

Anonymous No. 16201586

>and I would start thinking about something else 5 minutes in
textbook adhd or even early cognitive decline, I would suggest you go into an easier field of study instead of coping with drugs.

Anonymous No. 16201590

>>16201586
I literally got through algebra, trigonometry, calc 1, and calc 2 in just a couple months before I burned out and got bored. I believe I'm destined for some field in STEM. It's just been a while since I've gone to university. I was there only part time and only for a couple semesters.

Anonymous No. 16201603

>>15833839
>Reminder: /sci/ is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

Anonymous No. 16201614

>>16201603
This is a topic about drugs and their effect on the brain and body. It's a STEM topic. There are studies on this.

Anonymous No. 16201627

>>16201614
>>/adv/

Anonymous No. 16201650

>>16201583
Consider that it's a medication for those with ADHD. Though potentially over-diagnosed, the drug is made to "correct" a fundamental difference in the patients neurochemistry.

Also consider that your lack of focus isn't necessarily ADHD induced, and you could just have garden variety tiktok zoomer brain. If it's in fact the latter, the easiest thing to do is just figure out how to manage your focus more effectively and dialing back on the dopamine roller coaster that modern society offers. Go to /adv/ if you need more than this.

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 16201849

>>16201650
>Also consider that your lack of focus isn't necessarily ADHD induced
I'm also a fitness nut, and it was very noticeable that my attention was severely compromised after having a hard leg day today. I've done cocaine before, and I instantly noticed how I was able to hyperfocus on things.

Anonymous No. 16201853

>>16201650
>Also consider that your lack of focus isn't necessarily ADHD induced
I'm also a fitness nut, and it was very noticeable that my attention was severely compromised after having a hard leg day today. I've done cocaine before, and I instantly noticed how I was able to hyperfocus on things. I'm not a druggie. Cocaine is bad for multiple reasons, but I'm open to having a little fun sometimes. I don't want to ruin my cardiovascular health which I work so hard to strengthen.

Anonymous No. 16201857

>>16201853
Go get diagnosed then. If you've got 80HD, then you have your problem solved. If not, you know that it's not that difficult to get your shit together. Wrong board for further discussion.

Anonymous No. 16202247

Anyone know of a source for ADHD medication? Anything from adderall to strattera. Assume that cost is not an issue.

Anonymous No. 16202261

>>16201583
Theres been studies on this, competent students perceive no benefit at all.
>hurr durr attention
Get off the phone and play sports

Anonymous No. 16202835

This thread was moved to >>>/adv/31356506