Image not available

1536x864

f4c.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16204111

Scientifically speaking, what does dancing represent in terms of biological advantage that other things like sports don't? Why do people give it so much importance? Why is it attractive to be a good dancer?
And why do even the most slightly autistic people seem to never be able to grasp the concept of dancing?

Anonymous No. 16205041

>>16204111
>And why do even the most slightly autistic people seem to never be able to grasp the concept of dancing?
Wrong, I liked to dance when I was a kid.

Image not available

220x293

dab-dabberino.gif

Anonymous No. 16205092

>Why do people give it so much importance?
It not exclusively a human thing

Image not available

1008x974

Screenshot_202405....png

Anonymous No. 16205115

I am autistic so I will attempt to explain the aversion to dancing (in public).
The majority of people have what is called a "theory of mind" whereby one is able to perceive what other people may be thinking. That other minds exist and will think about you.
When autistic people are children they often act in inappropriate ways that get them into trouble. I said and did many embarrassing things, because we do not understand subtle (or not so subtle) social cues.
Eventually, the beatings make their way into our psyches. At which point the autist will shut down and try to maintain the least emotional affect they can for fear of running into one of the miriad invisible walls of social faux pas.
Do you see blind people running and jumping around? No. Because they have been conditioned to know that if they tried that then they would smack face first into a light pole or accidentally enter a women's restroom.
Autism is a blindness of sociality. Thus we remain social isolated, not out of a hatred of normies, but out of fear. We want very badly to fit in and laugh and dance like you, but it just will not work.
Luckily I found a wife willing to put up with my awkwardness, so I am not totally alone. Many with this disease never find anyone, and try to cope by telling themselves that socializing is bad.
I will never be able to dance in public, not even to those curated line songs. It will ALWAYS be awkward and wrong in a way that no one can explain, because I am terrified of it. I am terrified of the normies, and their ability to gracefully navigate a party speaking to people and bursting out with appropriate laughter and dance whenever they feel the urge.
The autist will watch, and wish.