Image not available

640x480

sddefault.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16213086

What would ACTUALLY happen if the poles were about to shift? I only hear that it would either be nothing or complete extinction with 2 mile high tsunamis everywhere. That's both bullshit, right?

Anonymous No. 16213146

Why should anything happen?

Image not available

717x787

Earth's magn....gif

Anonymous No. 16213170

>>16213086
>What would ACTUALLY happen if the poles were about to shift?
We don't know, it's never been observed, and it seem to happen fairly quickly, in geological terms.
It is anticipated that the magnetic field will weaken to the point where it won't be able to deflect the solar wind or low-energy cosmic rays, so we might get showered with more particle "radiation" (it's not electromagnetic radiation, just charged particles).
>or complete extinction
There's over 100 magnetic inversions registered in the geologic record that we know of, and life is still here, so no extinction, no.
>with 2 mile high tsunamis everywhere.
In none of the magnetic reversal I mention above do we find sediments of catastrophic tsunamis, so no. Also, it's not a chance in planetary mass so it won't affect the gravity field. Nor is seawater magnetic to the point where a terrestrial magnetic field would induce a tsunami on a global scale, not to mention that to move such amount of water, the magnetic field would have to be much, much, muuuuuuuch stronger than it ever was.

Good questions, anon, nice.

pic: the Earth's magnetic field lines, it's a mess.

Anonymous No. 16213186

everything would turn upside down

Anonymous No. 16213217

>>16213086

I read a study this is how gay people came to be. When the poles swap it causes some peoples sexuality to flip.
I expect it will be a very weird day on the day it flips.

Anonymous No. 16213738

Global polarity shifts don't affect cryptochrome entanglement
All endemic bird species would switch hemispheres