Image not available

663x1000

717coQeI8zL._AC_U....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16217348

I suffer from math anxiety and have always had a lot of difficulty learning this subject. My difficulties with mathematics became a major problem with learning other core sciences, such as physics.

I have curiosity and love for various subjects, such as chemistry, biology, literature, philosophy, medicine and pharmaceuticals. Something that makes me especially happy is writing poetry and novels. As I have always managed to learn in these areas without any problems, I assume that my brain must be normal.

Recently I have been suffering more and more from a feeling of failure for not knowing even the most elementary mathematics.

Furthermore, it seems to me that a person versed in logic and mathematics is capable of cutting corners - carving away that linguistic fog of concepts and ideas that don't make sense - and offering more valuable contributions to areas such as philosophy, economics and sociology. I think of the example of John Von Neumann when he decided to work in some of these areas (such as economics).

>That's why I ask: what books would you recommend for someone to start learning mathematics at the most basic level (even the 4 basic operations)?

>I guess what I would like to ask is: what are the books that explain the material in the clearest and most detailed way possible, as if they were trying to teach someone with mental retardation?

>Were any of you terrible at math and eventually managed to get good at it? Have any of you suffered from math anxiety and managed to get rid of this condition?

Anonymous No. 16217438

>>16217348
How the hell is this a book? Lol, it even features a quote by Gloria Steinem. INTO THE TRASH IT GOES.

Math "Anxiety" is just a bullshit excuse and a complete and total invention. Either you want to do math, or you don't. It's not for everyone.

Anonymous No. 16217440

you sure do seem to like talking about yourself on social media

Image not available

828x1246

IMG_0279.jpg

Anonymous No. 16217491

Definitely bs made up nonsense. Learn math and stop complaining