Image not available

2880x1800

realist.png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16222476

Son, we live in a world of mathematical principles, and those principles have to be understood by men who use real numbers. Who's gonna do it. You? You Professor Wildberger? Real numbers have a purpose greater than you can POSSIBLY fathom. You weep for John Gabriel and you curse real numbers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not grasping, that the use of real numbers, while confounding, PROBABLY saves time from vapid toiling. And their existence, while grotesque, and incomprehensible to you, saves time.

You don't want to ignore real numbers because deep down in places you don't talk about at conferences, you WANT infinite precision, you NEED infinite precision.

We use concepts like "infinity," "irrationality," "convergence." We use these concepts to understand the universe. You use them as fodder for your skepticism.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a foundationalist who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom real numbers and limits provide and then QUESTIONS THE MANNER IN WHICH THEY PROVIDE IT. I would rather you just said THANK YOU, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you grab a Cauchy sequence, and take its limit. Either way, I don't give a DAMN, WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO

Image not available

709x900

GIiHg95XMAAJYZ7.jpg

Anonymous No. 16222530

"TOPOLOGISTS could be here" he though, "I've never been to this department before. There could be TOPOLOGISTS anywhere." The cool wind felt good against his bare chest. "I HATE TOPOLOGISTS" he thought. The Freyd-Mitchell Embedding Theorem reverberated through his head, making it pulsate as the $9 dover textbook crumpled in his powerful thick hands and washed away his (merited) fear of counterexamples in the wild. "With a Module, you can compute anything you want" he said to himself, out loud.

Image not available

640x853

cirnoshroom.jpg

Anonymous No. 16223305

the thread that saved /sci/

Anonymous No. 16223327

>>16222476
You don’t need a military to go off killing people in a war if your civilian population has unrestricted gun ownership.

Image not available

1280x720

servedup.jpg

Anonymous No. 16223716

For me, it's the pfizer vaccine. The best fast vaccine. I even ask for extra misfolded spike protein sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige. One time I asked for misfolded spike protein sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly pfizer worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".
Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for- free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local vaccine restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a season for spike and a large iced booster with delta milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for clots on the weekend, and maybe once for inoculation when I'm in a rush but want a great vaccine that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily sterilization needs.
I even dip my fries in booster sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

Anonymous No. 16223757

>>16223716
Kek

Anonymous No. 16225285

>page 10'd
the day /sci/ died

Anonymous No. 16225323

>>16222476
This man was right and continues to be right, I don't know how liberals continue to be liberals despite everything. Like even now I see people hating on Azov and Ukrainian far-right despite it was these very people who warned about and prepared for a foreign invasion.

Anonymous No. 16225327

>>16225323
What does Ukraine have to do with the real number system anon?

Anonymous No. 16225336

>>16225327
I'm talking about what this guy originally said in the movie, cuz I was just thinking about the Azov earlier today and saw this thread.

Anonymous No. 16225344

>>16222530
>Freyd-Mitchell embedding theorem
Never heard of this before. Sounds based.

Anonymous No. 16225350

>>16225323
You can't win with liberals. It's like with the vaccines, they'll do everything in their power to deny you vindication. It's like fighting against a shapeless newtonian fluid that squeezes between your fingers, reminds me of a passage in Mein Kampf

Anonymous No. 16225364

>>16225350
"Whenever one tried to get a firm grip on any of these apostles one's hand grasped only jelly and slime which slipped through the fingers and combined again into a solid mass a moment afterwards. If your adversary felt forced to give in to your argument, on account of the observers present, and if you then thought that at last you had gained ground, a surprise was in store for you on the following day. The leftist would be utterly oblivious to what had happened the day before, and he would start once again by repeating his former absurdities, as if nothing had happened. Should you become indignant and remind him of yesterday's defeat, he pretended astonishment and could not remember anything, except that on the
previous day he had proved that his statements were correct. Sometimes I was dumbfounded. I do not know what amazed me the more--the abundance of their verbiage or the artful way in which they dressed up their falsehoods. I gradually came to hate them."

Anonymous No. 16225387

>>16222476
>John Gabriel
He's based though