Image not available

900x633

2-nanotechnologis....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16223208

Been seeing a lot of technological stagnation threads on /sci/ lately. When will society admit that Eric Drexler's vision is right and finally fund molecular nanotechnology to move the human race forward?

Anonymous No. 16223608

>>16223208
who gives a fuck about what society thinks? It's already getting funded, it's just not very well know. This is a good thing. In tech and government there's a lot of paranoia about AI taking over the world. One billionare's basically donating their whole fortune to stop AI research and they're proving to be pretty successful. California's trying to basically ban it and they put their people pretty high up in government
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/04/feds-appoint-ai-doomer-to-run-us-ai-safety-institute/

There was a lot of paranoia about nanotech killing everyone in the late 90s to 00s. There were talks to do slow down nanotech research like is being attempted with AI right now because it might get out of control and kill us all. But because no one's paying attention to nanotech and because most don't think it works, no one's gonna try to regulate it. And by the time they realize it can, it will be too late for them to stop it.

Anonymous No. 16223751

>le technological stagnation
this is why we are lucky to live in a capitalist society where this would be impossible

Anonymous No. 16223755

>>16223751
lol, the US/Western World has been stagnating since the 70's. The only reason they won the Cold War was because the Soviets where stagnating even harder.

Anonymous No. 16224375

Yeah,I've heard worse things than Drexlers opinion.

Realistically, most things I hear these days are worse than this guys opinion. I think the world definitely needs to move forward on this topic.

Anonymous No. 16224880

>>16223755
>e the Soviets where stagnating even harder.
They stagnated in electronics and computers. Somehow doesnt seem like a good reason to destroy their own country but they did

Anonymous No. 16225538

>>16223751
>capitalist society
50% effective tax rate + regulations = technological stagnation