Image not available

3000x2000

IMG_1055.jpg

🧵 Reheating Food in Microwave

Anonymous No. 16227425

Please red pill me on the health effects of reheating food in the microwave. Here’s my situation: When I eat brats or steaks cooked on the grill, my stomach never gets upset. When I reheat those things in the microwave, I sometimes get an upset stomach that reminds me of when I eat too much low quality food like cheap Chinese food made with low quality ingredients. Is the microwave degrading the nutrients in the food I reheat or something?

Image not available

750x1078

IMG_1074.jpg

Anonymous No. 16227601

The published studies showed that microwave heating at a high power level can cause greater AA formation in products than conventional food heat treatment.

Anonymous No. 16227649

>>16227425
i'd venture to say that reheating your food in the microwave is probably the best way to retain the nutrients, assuming you're using a microwave-safe container/plate. a shorter cook time (i.e. less nutrient breakdown) and high moisture retention (low nutrient loss) is probably the way to go to maximize nutrient retention, with a crock pot or a titanium/enamel-coated steamer being the next-best choice.