Image not available

1600x900

cover7.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16287995

What's a good routine for those who decide to study on their free time and what's good way of going through textbooks.

Should I skip the theory and start right off with the examples and then backtrack the necessary theory to complete the exercises?

If anyone's willing to share their experiences it'll be a big help thank.

It seems I`m too dumb for school so I'll resort to learning on my own. ;^(

Anonymous No. 16288048

I just started doing this myself so I'm already basically an expert. Basically, I read the textbooks until something confused me and I stopped and started doing the examples and problems on paper. Like today I just did factoring polynomials into groups. It's actually simple but I forgot about it. So like just do anything you're confused about slowly on paper. It's pretty easy to do complicated looking math.

Anonymous No. 16288126

>>16287995
Get a good textbook preferably understand grad level , take notes and focus mainly on problem solving and deriving equations on your own.
For eg : you're trying to learn partial differential equation you should have all the basic trigonometric Integration differentiation and solutions of ode at your fingertips in a physical copy once you have fully internalised the basic notes start by going through the theorems see that you can derive the proofs by yourself. I mindlessly mugged up exercises of textbooks to score high in highschool while it worked there, it didn't work in Uni, was doing terrible until my autistic math nerd friend suggested me to derive all the theorems and equations given in the material by myself and lo and and focus more on the concept while doing the exercises behold my scores shot up literally.

Anonymous No. 16288517

Start with a quick understanding of the theory, and the few/several Significant things in that field as well as significant things covered in the text. Then just go through it. If you hit a stump, look online for multiple perspectives to bring back to your textbook.