Image not available

1002x1849

Flexor-Carpi-Radi....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16288374

I have a medical question here and I need your help. I apologize in advance because my test results are translated with Google Translate. These are the results:

Patient referred by: orthopedist.
Main complaint: weakness of the left hand.
Medical documentation attached.
ELECTROMYOGRAPHY
No spontaneous activity was registered in the examined muscles.
M. extensor digitorum communis sin - individual abortive potentials
ELECTRONEUROGRAPHY
In the examined muscles of the upper extremities, signs of a severe, neurogenic lesion on the left hand.
Velocity of motor conduction GE: velocity of n.radialis on the left hand is not registered after proximal stimulation
GE conductivity sensor speed: slightly reduced speed n. radialis left
Distal latency (DL): neat
CMAP amplitude: low.
SNAP amplitude: reduced.
Dg: G56.3 Mononeuropathies of hand, lesion of radial nerve
Conclusion:
The finding speaks in favor of a more severe lesion of the left radial nerve
Recommendation
physical treatment
perform an ultrasound of the left elbow with an emphasis on the radial nerve
introduce Neuronal caps 1x1 into the therapy for two months
control EMNG GE for 3 months

Can you give it to me straight because even though they mentioned severe damage they only recommend physical therapy?

Anonymous No. 16288394

>>16288374
How in the world do you expect anybody to do a diagnosis with a random test and not explaining what you're supposedly feeling, how it started, what has been done etc?

Anyways, they tell you to go to physical therapy so go there, don't know what else would you need to know.

Anonymous No. 16288395

>>16288394
I am sorry about that.

My bicep broke and I had a surgery to repair it. During the surgery the doctor fucked up and damaged my radial nerve. I have movement in my wrist (fist goes up and down, can only extend fingers to some degree).

Anonymous No. 16288414

>>16288395
Well it's just as it says, an injury to the radial nerve doesn't let you move your fingers. You will need to use braces to compensate for the loss of function and you need to go to physical therapy to try and recover whatever function possible. You may not be able to recover strength completely but you may recover at least a degree of functionality. Ask the physio for exercises to try with your fingers, your body will attempt to repair the damage out of necessity.

Anonymous No. 16288417

>>16288414
I'm already taking physical therapy and I made some small progress but it is hard because I have to leave my elbow at 90 degrees because of the biceps surgery. The doctor really fucked up and now they are just shifting the blame. What I wanted is somebody to take a look at those tests results and tell me the real image. Because everybody keeps convincing me that this will pass with time. My surgery was 3 weeks ago and I still have problems with my radial nerve. I just thought that somebody with more medical knowledge than an average man like me would tell me what those test results mean in terms of recovery. He hinted that he didn't recommend surgery because my country has no surgeon who is an expert in this.

Anonymous No. 16288432

>>16288417
Well nobody can really know the full picture as you say. Medicine in general knows how to solve about 20% of the problems it can identify. For your particular case it depends on the kind of damage you took as well, whether the nerve was merely overstretched, or whether it was hit by the cautherizer or severed. For those nerves that retain their overall structure reinnervation is possible, the axons just start growing back on the channel they had left, and it's a process that takes 6 months or more to get going.

Losing hope is the worst thing that could happen to any patient, so everyone will tell you you have to wait and see what happens. If you want to hear the pessimistic side of things, you may not recover function at all, but which of these two ideas is the one that will allow you to get going again with your life? It is what it is already, for now all you can do is to do your part to help it get better and adapt.

As for me, I would rather remain hopeful honestly.

Anonymous No. 16288440

>>16288432
Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's just that this is the first test they actually did after three weeks so I was excited to get it in writing. They stalled me for weeks basically pretending like there's no problem. I was just hoping to get an honest opinion here because everybody in that hospital is super optimistic and tell me bullshit predictions (the asshole who operated me actually told me I can go back to training at the end of the fall this year). Yesterday I had an exam with an expert neurologist in his private practice. The EMG machine was broken so the guy just did a test and told me point blank that I will never be the same again. So that really shook me so I went to the hospital and did the EMG today and the doctor wrote that. Basically they tell me everything is going to be okay through time and these things healed themselves and yet the word severe is mentioned several times on the page.

Anonymous No. 16288453

>>16288440
Glad to help. The opinions may vary depending on the personality of the doctor, and surgeons tend to be extroverted dicks. Invariably it's difficult to find anybody who takes the time to make the patient get a useful outlook on their condition. I did and ended up getting burned out and abandoning medicine, lel.