Image not available

750x600

Q5Pxzb.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 16291454

how would you calculate the amount of strengh/force you need to lift sephiroths katana and clouds blade? Is the katana harder to hold because it's longer? If so whats that called exactly?

Image not available

774x322

Untitled.png

Anonymous No. 16291467

like I dunno how to even ask the question honestly. Just make up some numbers. I just want to know the process of calculating the minimum necessary amount of whatever to lift these objects

Anonymous No. 16291626

the dude on the left has weight which creates a torque, which gets balanced by a counter torque the guy on the right produces. assuming that he uses his right hand to hold the pommel of the katana you do (length of blade)*(weight of man) * (cosine of the angle between katana and ground) and divide that by the length of the handle. this assumes the left hand to be a stationary pivot and the right hand to be exerting all the force. the pivot also experiences a force that would be the combined force i.e the sum of these torques iirc

Anonymous No. 16291643

>>16291467
It's just basic leverage. If you left up the sword at one point, to lift the entire sword you would have to apply a fulcrum. somewhere on the hilt to counterbalance the end of the sword. This is just a torque, force • distance.
Not sure that is an accurate picture of seph sword.
But, for example, if cloud is impaled such that he is hanging 7 ft away, and he is a skinny nip, weighing maybe 160 lbs. Well the force made with just his hand at ~5 inches has to be around 2500 pounds. This doesn't factor in weapon weights. This is nothing compared to what is going on in his shoulders which are probably 10-30x that.
The deltoid muscle is like pushing tweezers from the inside to spread them out instead of bringing them together. If he is generating 2500 pounds at his hand, there is about a 20:1 mechanical disadvantage to the deltoid group, depending on shoulder size. This is roughly comparable to fly-lifting four semi-trailers, easily.

Anonymous No. 16291772

>>16291643
> cloud
> skinny
> 160 ibs

I don’t think those shinra approved SOLDIER steroid jacked muscles that let him lift up a sword of that size would let cloud be 160 pounds

Now what I’m more interested in is how on earth that sword (a katana at that, not even a thick claymore) doesn’t break from the stress. There’s quite a bit of bending forces and shear stress being applied to the blade, that shit would break easily

Anonymous No. 16291778

>>16291772
Shinra soldiers have magic running in their blood giving them super strength. Muscles are just normal atheletic person.

>why sword dont break
The sword is made of magic.