Image not available

720x893

Tombjj.jpg

🧵 What do?

Anonymous No. 117632

How the hell am I suppose to learn ju jitsu when the nearest dojo is 40 miles away and public transport won't go that far.

Would the instructor be hard up enough for cash to come get me I wonder, or am I stuck having to learn Taekwondo because it's locally available?

Anonymous No. 117638

move

Anonymous No. 117686

>>117632
>bjj
Buy some headgear and gloves and create your own "fight club", you will get much more skilled at fighting

Anonymous No. 117724

>>117686

>local man dies in suspected homosexual bdsm meetup gone wrong

This is a terrible idea from someone who has never trained before. Just do what you have locally OP.

Anonymous No. 117727

>>117632
Move drive or don’t learn.

Anonymous No. 117731

>>117632
A. Find a dude with similar interests. R brother, friend perhaps. Play around the mat.

B. Move

C. Make effort, if its far, go twice a month? If its really far, stay for the weekend and take a class twice a month.

Idk anin, your situation is unique to you. My 2 cent is just make effort I suppose, better than nothing.

Anonymous No. 117738

>>117632
If learning to drive is too hard, there are online programs. I remember 10-15 years ago there was some Gracie online certification system where they'd give you drills that you can do with a partner, and at a certain point you can record yourself and send it off and they'll give you your blue belt if it's good enough. Do know that everyone you tell will probably look down on you and tell you it's not a real belt though.

I'd also recommend Lachlan Giles' SubMeta for learning. Some of my white belts subscribe to it and bring it to open mats and can teach themselves basics so I imagine it's easy to learn from. You could get a friend or something and just run through those videos, since there is a lot. BJJ does require another person though, I couldn't imagine you could do much just training on your own. Or do like >>117724 said and do a similar martial art. The coach might even know grappling if they are a martial art enthusiast and not just a fan of one sport.

Nothing can really replace having a coach in person to show you what to do, but doing videos and drills with someone else is better than nothing.

Anonymous No. 117743

Why would you ever want to learn from someone who travels to teach for cheaper than it costs for you to get to him

Anonymous No. 117800

>>117632
Just find some faggots into rough foreplay. Infinitely easier to find and practically identical to bjj aka fag rolling

Anonymous No. 118173

>>117632
Brazilian JuJitsu legit looks like gay rape. It was created by a jap named Mitsuyo Maeda, who learned early-phase Judo from its founder (Jigoro Kano). However, Maeda was expelled from Japan for 2,400 acts of forced public homosexuality. So, he took his manraping skills to the jungles of Brazil, hoping to rape many exotic species in the rainforest. One day, while chasing monkeys, he found the Gracie brothers. I dont have to tell you what happened next. Rather than run away, the gracies decided to become his students, becoming proficient in the arts of homosexual rape. When their training was complete, Maeda excreted a 4-foot long turd on each of their tests, telling them it was their "brown belt." All the elder gracies still have those giant Rio steamers, in glass cases on their walls, as heirlooms to be passed on to their descendants. Truly, brazilian ju jitsu has a glorious history.

Anonymous No. 118179

>>118173
Ngmi

Anonymous No. 118184

>>117632
There’s plenty you can learn alone, but of course it’s better if you can get with a partner to practice.
Think of learning martial arts like learning a language: read it, write it, and speak it.
Study, repeat back, and get action.
YouTube has several amazing channels I’ll point out, but the Internet in general is littered with the information IF you are capable of analyzing and synthesizing.
Focus on solo drills: the basics are the secret. How to move on your back. How to shrimp etc.
YouTubes:
1) Jedi Does Jiu-Jitsu. Has great beginner tutorials.
2) Jon Thomas BJJ. Has excellent advanced tutorials.
3) Teach me grappling Coach Brian. Excellent everything.

Approach it all like a classroom: dedicate an hour to two hours worth of time each day to learning it. Watch the vids and take notes, and then go back through and try it out yourself to the best of your ability. If it’s a partnered practice vid, then mimic the moves in the air. Focus on what it would feel like and how your limbs would move in space.

Get a grappling dummy or make one. For purchase they’re about $200US. Making one, it’s far cheaper. Get a pair of jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and stitch those things up. Figure out a way to make it heavy and articulated eg stitch in more clothes and sand bag weights (exactly what I did. Made the weights and everything. Works like a dream). Another option you can should use regularly is a heavy bag (punching bag) as a practice assist and workout for ground grappling. Get creative. Lay that bastard on top of you and come all way up to standing repeatedly, lay it on you and scramble out from under it, or work shifting positions from on top. Strikes too.

Stay positive and get busy!

Again: the basics ARE the secret.

Anonymous No. 118597

>>117632
I ended up taking an Uber bros, even if it's once a month, better than nothing.