Image not available

128x128

capychilla.gif

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 120382

I'm decently fit(could run 10k without going embarassingly slow, but I'm no elite athlete), was thinking about picking up combat sports. there's a local gym, it seems one membership covers all the classes they have.
They offer 2 no-gi/"grappling", 3 mma, 2 boxing, 5 bjj, and 4 muay thai sessions, as well as some misc stuff that I'm not interested in.
I haven't done any group activities like this since early teens, so I don't really remember how physically challenging it is, would it be realistic for me to participate in all of them? would it be frowned on, like a fatty at an all you can eat trying to break the system?

Anonymous No. 120385

>>120382
I think a mistake a lot of people make is setting unrealistic goals for themselves when they first start doing martial arts (or any physical activity really) and they end up giving up because they can’t maintain a super rigorous schedule.

Assuming you are reasonably fit as you say, consider that physical limitations aren’t the only problem you run into. There’s (I assume) time, social, and financial limitations as well. As for whether you could, absolutely it’s possible to hit 5 classes a week. Just don’t get discouraged if that becomes too much to maintain.

My advice to you is to give each of those classes a try, and then if you find scheduling all of them unsustainable, pick only the classes you like best to continue on with.

Anonymous No. 120387

>>120385
>financial limitations
as I said, one membership covers all classes
>time
neet
>social
yes being around people would be a challenge I grant you.
also I didn't say 5 classes, I 2 no-gi/"grappling", 3 mma, 2 boxing, 5 bjj, and 4 muay thai sessions, that's 16 classes.

Anonymous No. 120389

>>120385
also fair enough on the advice, I think that's very reasonable and I appreciate you, but I tend to be very bad at maintaining motivation for something if I don't go all in.