Image not available

558x667

d6bb56c89e825f5cd....png

🧵 Systema

Anonymous No. 123004

MMA Gym is teaching 'Systema'

Is it a meme? Does anyone have any expiernce with 'systema'?

Anonymous No. 123051

Russian Krav Maga. It's bullshit.

Anonymous No. 123052

>>123051
Worse than that

Anonymous No. 123053

>>123051
nu uh, its totally cool

Anonymous No. 123058

>>123004
Total bullshit, best martial art on paper, extremely shit in practice

Anonymous No. 123069

>>123051
It is very generous to call it russian krav.
It is more like russian akido. It fundamentally doesn't work against resisting opponents and they don't spar or pressure test.

Krav has a fuck load of problems but most places that aren't total scam mills are all about pressure testing, though in their own weird rbsd ways.

Anonymous No. 123262

OP Here, that was the funniest shit ever and I will never do it again. It is like Russian Akido, with all this relaxation bullshit and muscle flowing. Their 'takedowns.' It was just a bunch of old fat white guys doing ninja moves. Every time I actually tried punching them they got hit and tried to make up random shit on the spot like rubbing my face while pushing on my back. I thought it was gonna be something like L.I.N.E. but for Ruskies, this was just gay.

Anonymous No. 123289

>>123004
Historically, it was a full contact martial art. Both sambo and systema were taught in the Soviet military, with systema being more like sambo with tweaks to account for weapons.

Somewhere somehow it morphed into russian aikido and devolved further into russian ninjitsu. You can look up old Systema discussion forums and find people unironically asking how to dodge bullets. Not like finding cover, but actually Matrix bullet-time dodging.

If you can find an older guy who did it in the olden days, then it might be good. But it probably won't be one of those guys.

Anonymous No. 123302

>>123289
Systema was never taught by the Soviet military and its entire origin story is laughable bullshido fan fiction
>le sekrit martial art so sekrit that they couldn’t even keep records of it
Give me a break lol

Anonymous No. 123310

>>123289
Kek

Anonymous No. 123365

Essentially, if a Russian is trying to sell you something, you can be certain it's a fraud.

Anonymous No. 123382

>>123365
Not true, bathtub vodka will certainly get you drunk. Possibly poisoned too but that’s besides the point.