Image not available

321x94

youaskedforthis.png

๐Ÿงต Palm strikes or punches? General /psopg/

Anonymous No. 125047

3rd times the charm, mods please delete the other thread as it has once again turned into a two-man hay fire and completely derailed from the original subject which is very disappointing. I am not trying to spam or troll on here, I am genuinely curious as to which is the greater form of striking and WHY with ANY kind of evidence. Thank you for your patience and understanding, /xs/ and /xs/ staff.

Image not available

500x555

36F59343-7B2F-41F....jpg

Anonymous No. 125078

>>125047
ANYONE WHO USES PALM STRIKES HAS BABY HANDS AND OP IS A FAGGOT

Anonymous No. 125096

>>125047
There is no greater option, only pros and cons. Please stop these threads. This board fucking sucks so bad for anything martial arts related.
Palm: shorter range but safer for hands, hard with gloves on, can end up poking eyes
Punch: longer range, a bit less awkward for some movements, can hurt hands, less likely to poke eyes.

Anonymous No. 125278

If palm strikes are in any way effective than way does everyone in bareknuckle mixed style fights use punches?

Literally no one outside of Hong Kong movie choreography which us fake fiction uses palm strikes.

And given MMA gloves have even less padding on the palm, if they were effective we would see them used in regular MMA.

Anyone who thinks palm strikes believes in bullshido stupidity and has never actually been in a fight before. They don't work at all.

Anonymous No. 126702

>>125278
palm strikes do work, they're just not as effective as regular knuckle punches. bas rutten used palm strikes all the time, they work.
knuckles have a smaller surface area therefore transfer more energy, that is to say regular knuckle punches do more damage. there you go, solved op with 4th grade physics. it is significantly easier to damage your wrist and hand bones with regular strikes if your hands aren't wrapped, for what it's worth

Anonymous No. 126706

>>125278
"bare"knuckle boxing still uses hand wraps to protect the wrist. Even then people injury their hands all the time. Palm strikes are supposed to directly align with your wrist and arm, but I'm not sure how high is the risk of placing it wrong.

Anonymous No. 127517

>>125278
>if they were effective we would see them used in regular MMA.
MMA is a good indicator that something works, but it's far from absolute. MMA is still a new sport that undergoes meta shifts all the time. There's so much shit that people thought wouldn't work in MMA because "nobody does it so clearly it's not effective", only for one person to start doing it and it catching on like wildfire.

Anonymous No. 127763

>>125047
The fact that you're still asking this is a testament to your lack of braincells

Anonymous No. 127795

>>127763
the fact that you're replying is a testament to how much of a gullible nigger you are

Anonymous No. 127802

>>127795
>gullible
No. Trad martial autists are actually this stupid

Anonymous No. 127807

>>125047
>nose
>chin
>jaw
>side and back of neck
>head right behind the ear
>ear

Palm strikes are effective for all of those target areas.

Anonymous No. 129279

>>125278
>my argument is mma
You have more control with palm strikes
basically if I wanted to knock you around like the bitch you are and disorient you I would use palm strikes. If I wanted to kill you by stopping your heart or putting your nose in your brain I'd also use palm strikes.

Anonymous No. 129280

>>127807
solar plexus, side of knees, bottom ribs

Image not available

320x320

32C73FFF-804B-4A7....gif

Anonymous No. 129282

>>129279
>If I wanted to kill you by stopping your heart or putting your nose in your brain I'd also use palm strikes.
LMFAO, people still believe this shit? Is this you?