Image not available

110x159

Morihei_Ueshiba_1....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 128727

Did the aikido that used guy in picrel actualy work?

Anonymous No. 128973

>>128727

Yeah because it was never meant to be the only art anyone knew. When Samurai used it's predecessor Koryu it was as last resort since they had been fucking disarmed.

Even it's Budo form as taught by the wacky culty founder you had to have a 2nd dan black belt in Judo or be trained by another JJJ school to a high level.

People who only do it and no other arts and think it worked are retarded. People who don;t think it works are retarded. It's not a complete art. None are really except maybe MMA and that doesn't include weapons like pre-gunpowder martial artists used.

Image not available

575x447

f09.jpg

Anonymous No. 129743

>>128727
*daito ryu
And yes, it worked.
All the people in Japan praised him. There was a reason for that.

Anonymous No. 129744

Where can I learn original untainted, non-basedified Aikido with all the lethal moves?

Anonymous No. 129746

>>128727
I think probably against a guy with a stick or something, I wouldnt try it with a sword or a knife, but if runing isnt an option I guess you loose nothing trying it

Anonymous No. 129853

>>129744
The techniques are not that different, though the trows tend to be bigger and rounder in modern aikido, but the school he studied, Daito ryu is still around and seems to suffer from many of the same problems as aikido: over-compliant students and people who are teaching because they have been there a long time rather than reached the level their predecessors had.
Part of the problem is that that the founder: Takeda, never taught in a systematic manner. For the most part he would just throw his students around and expect them to pick up/steal what he was doing. He also mostly taught through seminars and only took a handful of people as long term students.
Ueshiba, like Takeda might have explicitly shown some people, but he mostly used the tori/uke model Takeda did in his public classes, mixed with cryptic lectures filled with Shinto terminology that he pasted on top of everything because he was super religious.

Anonymous No. 129855

What's the difference between old school and new school aikido?

Anonymous No. 129868

>>129855

Really not a lot. Except the students of d school Aikido were crosstrained in Judo or JJJ and Aikido was to supplement those skills with some spiritual development. The problems didn't occur until people only trained Aikido then it is useless.

Anonymous No. 129873

>>129868
Old school aikido probably had more cross over with sumo than judo. Judo was of course pretty common then, but sumo was regularly practiced in Ueshiba's dojo (and many other dojo, it was not uncommon) and Takeda was a well respected amateur sumo wrestler in his youth. Many people even think several daito ryu and aikido techniques are modified sumo throws. Ueshiba actually had a professional sumoka as a student.
Ueshiba had no requirement to study Judo fwiw, his first choice for a successor had no real experience with judo but was a champion Kendoka.