Image not available

698x705

565.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 128733

I've been boxing recreationally for about a year (13 months). I'm finally free enough to take it seriously, and am aiming to go amateur.

I want to ask what good exercises you guys know to really get my A game on. I'm 19 currently at 5'7''. I grew about an inch at age 18, and may grow more (we will see). I lost some weight (10 lbs) because of a bad cold and I'm focused on bulking now.

I recently got a gym membership because my boxing club doesn't have normal machines, and it has just a single bench. Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous No. 128834

>>128733
You can have your top boxing physique by doing just calisthenics, you largely don't need a gym for that.
If you want to get your A game on then start rooning at least a couple of times a week and try doing drills and shadowbox at least five days a week. Both those things alone will give you an improvement far larger than any gym machine ever could.

Anonymous No. 128839

>>128733
I wouldn't bother weightlifting, it lends you nothing for boxing you wouldn't get from basic calisthenics. If you are going to lift weights, I suggest you ask pros/amateurs at your gym what they do. The answer I've gotten was always that squats and deadlifts are the most performance important by far.

Cardio is much more important to consistently do, and will make it difficult for you to gain mass and hold onto mass. As a boxer, you want to be as light as possible without it being detrimental to your health. At 5'7, depending on your body type, you should be able to walk around comfortably at 140-150 Ibs and fight at 128-138.

Anonymous No. 129865

>>128733
Swimming and pull-ups are all you need outside your normal training

Anonymous No. 131372

>>128733
>I'm 19