Anybody tried it?

Anonymous No. 129334

looks stupid

Anonymous No. 129366

>ARGH, HE SAID I WILL NEVER BE A WOMAN, USE THE TACTICAL EAR COVER TECHNIQUE
>OH NO HE'S GRABBING FOR MY CROTCH, HE'LL BE ABLE TO TELL I HAVE A DICK

Anonymous No. 129443

>>129333
This is some real stupid looking shit anon.
https://youtu.be/m-eJ-wK8Muw
I’m not surprised that this is only ever seen in the context of movie clips considering it looks like choreographed theatrical combat that they’re trying to apply as a martial art.

Anonymous No. 129449

>>129443
>FIT-GAMERS
They know who they want to scam.

Anonymous No. 129455

>>129443
>Jack Reacher fight scene with Tom Cruise

let's compare:

https://youtu.be/UeTyQOG_lbM

Anonymous No. 129456

is it literally just elbows and hammer strikes? hammer strikes are so baloney it's not even funny.

Anonymous No. 129476

>>129443
>>129455
Jack Reacher, more like Jackoff Reacharound.

Anonymous No. 129478

>>129456
Dude put all the stress on just one bone and from the direction that makes it hit the most nerves and most likely to break.

Anonymous No. 129522

>>129456
It's all because dude made this martial art in mine where he was working among criminals. It mostly contains elbows, headbutts and hammers but also knees, punches and front kicks to legs and groin. Why this? Because these attacks work in very close quarter like his mine. Also, it has this weird head cover because he was often attacked by multiple criminals in that mine and in these cases we thought he will get some punches no matter what but at least he had smaller chance to get punch into the head when he hides his head like this

Anonymous No. 129524

>>129522
Sounds like made up bullshit like most larptial arts

Anonymous No. 129547

>>129522
>It mostly contains elbows, headbutts and hammers but also knees, punches and front kicks to legs and groin

Just do Lethwei.

Anonymous No. 129684

>>129456
You think hammer strikes are baloney? Please explain.

Anonymous No. 129856

>>129684
they rely more on the bending of your elbow and not the weight of your body

Anonymous No. 129867

>>129333
Embarrassing thread OP

Anonymous No. 130160

Okay but why doesn't Keysi technically work? If you just got close enough to throw elbows that seems like a pretty effective method.

Anonymous No. 130226

>>130160
If you like elbows, why not just learn Muay Thai?

Anonymous No. 130336

>>129522
Isn't it weird that the martial arts that claim to descend from "I was in the military, this how they fight in da streetz, this is how I survived prison" tend to produce incompetent fighters and outright frauds - while the ones from an ethos of "wouldn't it be fun to punch, kick, wrestle each other" tend to produce better fighters.

Anonymous No. 131114

>>130160
Like another anon pointed out it can kinda work but in close quarters and tight spaces. If you are in the open and another guy is a good kicker, you won't get close.
Also the fighter usually matters way more than the martial art itself.
Also hammer strikes are definitely meh, elbows knees and headbutts are great

Anonymous No. 131117

>>130336
It makes more sense when you realize that unarmed fighting in general is a social behavior whether on or off da streetz. Humans are animals and social violence is present in all pack animals as a way of etablishing dominance hierarchies. The fact remains though that while deaths do happen the Goal in this type of violence is not actually to kill anybody. If you need to kill someone don’t bother with hand to hand at all just shoot them.

In other words, sport fighters are more in line with the nature of fighting than 2deadly4u larpers are.

Anonymous No. 131278

>>129856
I teach as well as practice using hips and follow through in order to make using the weight of the body feel natural when using hammer strikes and chops.
You gotta whip them hips or drive forward.
Preferably both. Both makes short work of concrete blocks and melons when doing demos. Pretty sure that much force would work nicely on a human if it hits.

That said most irl street fights I was in as a kid/teen was before I had martial arts training and was in my pro wrestling phase so the ones I won mostly involved me picking up and slamming the fuck out of the other guy then getting on top and going ape shit with wild punches until he quit. Not exactly elegant, and not always effective.

As far as this system in particular.
Like most of the rbsd stuff, the lack of regular free sparing and no real track record against outsiders in the context of full resistance, such as in combat sports compilation, makes me think its mostly just gimmick and theory craft than something truly viable.
It falls in the "better than nothing but worse than most other options". Probably better off learning basic bitch boxing with a focus on clenching and using palms/open hands to compensate for not having hand wraps.
Would end up with a better end result in the same training time and much better fundamentals that could be built on later with additional training.

Anonymous No. 131310

>>130336
Internet is in love with sports and will lie and cheat to make self defense stuff look much worse than it actually is.
Ring fights and street defense are very different. Street fighting is usually more dirty boxing + weapons than anything else. The distance, floor, uniform etc. are all extremely different from ring fights.

Anonymous No. 131321

>>131310
KOTS is as close to street fights as it can be. The greatest star of it knows muay thai and the second greatest is a bare knuckle boxer. I don't know if there is any kraver and I'm almost sure none of these fighters trains keysi. How can we know defence systems are good if people who know them don't have enough balls to check them out?