Image not available

400x593

iStock_18827520.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 131418

I'm a very non-confrontational and timid person, as well as very indecisive. I wonder if training in a martial art would help me gain self-confidence and improve in other areas of my life. I already lift but it didn't do much to solve these issues. Will learning how to fight help me in some way, or is a person like me better off staying out of it? Is aggressiveness and requirement or a consequence of knowing how to fight?

Anonymous No. 131437

>>131418
Learning to fight will help you deal with confrontation as well has teaching you to remain calm under pressure. I don’t know anyone who would deny these benefits. In order to do this right though you will have to do a combat sport that allows sparring and ideally competitive fighting. It’s also going to require you to get beat up a few times until you learn how to win. In other words, the process of becoming a fighter may in fact make you feel worse in the beginning, it is ego shattering after all, but the benefits are immeasurable. I can tell you personally that martial arts have improved my life more than some would believe.

Anonymous No. 132215

>>131418
Go to a gym, see if you like what they teach.
You don't have to be a pro fighter, just check that they practice full sparring sometimes.
Doing fighting sports will help you, it's not magical but it's very worth trying.

Image not available

1024x1010

1673556668497232.jpg

Anonymous No. 132269

>>131418
Depends on the martial art. If you pick one like wing chun or Aikido, no. If you pick one that has body contact and sparring, like Wrestling, BJJ or Judo, yes.

What makes you less timid and more decisive consists of 3 things. Knowing you can really defend yourself, getting over the fear of body contact with other people and banging your head against others in competition.

Anonymous No. 133405

>>131418
>Will learning how to fight help me in some way
start by beating up some small kids. This will give you experience and confidence to then beat up some old ladies. When your boss asks why you work is late you can beat her up too.

Lots of people cant fight and have full confidence in business. Training in fighting should help you avoid fights, not get into fights. The best training for fighting is learning to shoot and carry a gun and avoid physical contact. Stay away from places where you have to be ready to fight like shitty bars or clubs or shitty ghettos. Sounds like you lack confidence in your intelligence, decision making, managing, leadership. I have known a lot of very confident people who are fucking retards and have no idea what they are doing, but because they have confidence in themselves others just assume they are in charge, a leader, or know something. Set some small goals for yourself, develop a plan, implement plan, achieve goals or figure out why you did not, repeat process with larger goals. A lot of people are success because they just don;t care if they fail.

Anonymous No. 136806

>>131418
>>131437
>>132215
>>132269
>>133405
Didn't ask + literally begging ya to seek sunlight