Image not available

500x581

teddy boxer.jpg

🧵 defying Nature herself.

Anonymous No. 131897

Are there any sports\events\people,based on facing literal natural disasters and coming out alive? stuff like:
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_landslides
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_natural_disasters_by_death_toll#Floods_and_landslides
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deadliest_floods
Doing an even in optimal conditions is using training wheels. if youre gonna sail, make it \xs\ and sail during a storm

Image not available

1024x681

Found On Roadside....jpg

Anonymous No. 131925

Is an stormchaser a athlete?

Anonymous No. 131929

>>131897
Sailing, mountaineering, cave crawling, freediving

Anonymous No. 131930

>>131929
I think most sailors or mountaneers actively AVOID storms\"bad" weather,etc.
Are there any remarkable cases of human explorers actively challenging an event in its worst condition?

Anonymous No. 131931

>>131930
>I think most sailors or mountaneers actively AVOID storms\"bad" weather,etc
I was about to say something about this. I spent a few years as a merchant seaman, and the last American ship that went straight into a hurricane was the el faro. They all died. I had this bos’n who used to make fun of this gay sailor meme group on Facebook wayback when because they would post about being “MASTER OF THE SEA”. The sea will fuck you up without even trying which is why you have to work your way around it, not the other way around.

Anyways, I’m sure there have been people that have tried what you’re talking about. They’re probably dead.

Anonymous No. 131966

Some mountaineers deliberately seek out worse climatic conditions, that's why we distinguish between winter ascents and summer ascents

Anonymous No. 131971

>>131897
Big wave surfers chase swells around the world. If you went out in those conditions you'd die.

Image not available

228x222

download (2).jpg

Anonymous No. 131983

I would unironically add .
>walking trough a ghetto/slum\shanty town at night
>hitchhiking in a third world country
>signing up for a trail-run ultra with minimum training

Anonymous No. 132070

>>131930
lifeboat crews

Anonymous No. 132075

>>132070
Lifeboats don’t get launched unless there is literally no other option because your chances of survival go down significantly if you do. I wouldn’t call that “defying nature”

Anonymous No. 132097

I've tried to convince my friends to start a sport where we hide in the woods in ghillie suits and have to seek out and fight each other, but no one wants to do it with me.

I want to do the Man Tracker tv show, but instead of a horse and escaping, we try to metal gear solid each other.

Anonymous No. 132119

>>131925
Yeah
https://youtu.be/hqWiHv8XonI

Anonymous No. 132121

>>132097
Milsim paintball and airsoft exists

Anonymous No. 132135

>>132121
Presumably the issue with those is that they are weapon-based rather than hand to hand

Anonymous No. 132147

>>132135
But how would it even work then? If you’re both hiding in the woods trying to ambush the other you’re just going to end up sitting around never finding each other. Then even if you do it’s just an mma match in the woods. Sounds gay as fuck

human safari promotions(Ohio) No. 132274

>>132147
>>132121
>>132097
well, in (((russia))) there ARE some group mma fighting promotions. I guess group mma+milsim airsoft could be pulled out eventually
>until libs cancel the new "bloodsport"

Image not available

1280x997

Saint_Pierre_YORY....jpg

Anonymous No. 132293

>>131897
The grandfather of parkour, Georges Hébert, developed his obstacle course training methodology partially based on his experiences in the rescue efforts in the town of St. Pierre on Martinique following the 1902 eruption of Mount Pelée.

Anonymous No. 134455

>>132097
>but no one wants to do it with me.
why are people like this? I want to do shit like this. Now I am broke at the moment but I would definitely do this if I had enough to get some gear

Anonymous No. 134480

>>132274
>(((russia)))

I don't understand how this is supposed to make sense when Jewkraine is literally being ran by a Jew who's siphoning billions from a war he caused and is promoting degeneracy.
Stick to Twitter. Pig.

Anonymous No. 137054

>>131930
You go into a mountain with a storm bad enough and you're dead, no matter how hard of well prepared you are. There's a reason why what you're looking for isn't a thing.

Image not available

1080x775

IMG_20230225_143548.jpg

Anonymous No. 137066

"he survived by fishing (and using fish as source of both fresh water and food) with a self-made harpoon and hooks, and harvesting the surface plankton with a small net. He also drank a limited amount of seawater for a long period on his trip. " there are several Book about this guy

Anonymous No. 140919

Interesting thread
Bump