Image not available

1000x500

highres_501902_Ma....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 135029

Your opinion on freestyle skiiers?

Anonymous No. 135057

they're talented, it's really impressive what they can do, but shit, rails and park jumps just don't interest me
also I don't know why they all act like niggers, it's fucking skiing lmao

Anonymous No. 135059

>>135057

Anonymous No. 138519

Extreme skiing is better. Park skiing isn't even about ski skills, it's about acrobatic skills.
Nothing against them at all though, its good stuff, just not as good as extreme skiing.

Anonymous No. 138691

X games is still incredible to watch in my opinion, but the heart of freestyle skiing has moved away from X games due to the barrier to entry in terms of time money and everything like that. You would never be able to have a Tom Wallisch in this day and age because he wouldn't be able to pay for everything.

I love watching beautiful urban skiing like what Phil Casabon does, and then Alex Hall and Hunter Hess have really carried the torch in terms of putting out edits with their Magma series.

Stylewise, Jake Carney is just a beautiful skier to watch.

Gnarly factor can still be found in Finland with Forre, those finish kids are absurd, and flipping back to style, Antti Olila from Finland is amazing in that regard too.

Can't say I love what the competition scene has become but more people are putting out videos and edits than ever before since it's way more accessible to make them.

Anonymous No. 138776

>>135029
Nothing will ever look better than a huge T-set rotation, it's truly the pinical of big air events, even if it's not the most technically impressive. I also love how tech skiers can get on rails, swaps and surface-spins looks so buttery on them.

Image not available

512x341

0b138b6e7893281ed....jpg

Anonymous No. 138793

I don't really like the park skiing even though I've tried it a bit. I grew up skateboarding and would rather just stick to skiing basics. That said moguls are considered freestyle skiing now, so that's what I like for freestyle.

Anonymous No. 138802

>>138793
>now
moguls are the origin of freestyle anon