Image not available

1910x694

Screenshot_202302....jpg

๐Ÿงต Training Solo in Martial Art Uniforms

Anonymous No. 135598

Is there any purpose in training solo in uniform? Or could it depend on the style? I'm currently studying Vo Lam Kung Fu. The only reasons I can think of for wearing a uniform while training solo are

>To have clothes to sweat in
>Clothes to get dirty when doing stretches on the floor
>Clothes that won't tear
>Clothes that won't restrict movement
>Hear sleeve movement when shadow boxing
>Hear similar moment on pants when shadow kicking

I can't think of any reason to wear the belt while training solo since my uniform uses buttons to hold the top together. Could there a purpose of wearing a belt while training if the uniform uses buttons to keep the shirt together?

Anonymous No. 135609

Some people find it easier to focus on something if they're dressed for it. It's not something I need, but there's an argument for it if you're having trouble with day dreaming or distraction by other things in your life.

Anonymous No. 136621

>>135598
clothes for certain training styles usually have a reason, like muay thai shorts are incredibly loose and go way above the knee for better kick mobility, etc etc

Anonymous No. 136633

>>135598
Tradition/culture/uniformity/identity is pretty much the only reason. Same reason why school uniforms for private schools exist, same reason why police/military/certain clubs all have either uniforms or apparel/accessories worn to identify themselves and their rank.

Image not available

1600x900

8C63BBBB-8312-473....jpg

Anonymous No. 136656

>>135598
Train naked, it allows better airflow

Anonymous No. 140085

>>135598
You can drill technique solo. Best return on investment for doing this in uniform for getting use to how it feels being
>rolls (forward, side, backward)
>breakfalls (forward,side, backward)
>shrimping (forward,side, backward)

Pretty much anything that you can work 100% alone but you want practiced based on how it will feel in uniform

Anonymous No. 140172

>>135598
>>Hear sleeve movement when shadow boxing
>>Hear similar moment on pants when shadow kicking
This for Taolu. Hear whoosh whoosh *clothes crack* feel good motivated to keep going

Anonymous No. 140184

>>135598
>Look cool.
>Feel cool.

Whatever helps motivate you to get off the couch, right? I moved pretty far from my home dojo, so I usually throw on my uniform two or three times a week and do a workout like I would if I were in a class (stretches, calisthenics, combos, kihon, counting in Japanese/Korean, kata, etc.) and intersperse those days with gym days.