Image not available

1080x1114

IMG_20230219_191443.png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 136482

Why does everyone here hate krav maga? I used to think it was an all encompassing martial art but everyone here says it's a meme

Anonymous No. 136491

I still find it funny that Israeli Armed Forces need to know how to palm strike an enemy when all of their enemies are pretty much 11-year-old Palestinian children with tactical bottle rockets that they bulldoze and shell from a distance anyways.

Anonymous No. 136553

It's core philosophy of overwhelming agression with greater aggression only works on women and children

Anonymous No. 136554

Isn't it just Jewish street fighting?

Anonymous No. 136596

>>136482
It's made by the jews, op

Anonymous No. 136868

>You run up to him, grab his arm, scream and kick him in balls three times. He will never shoot you if you do this right. That will be $500 btw.

Anonymous No. 137116

Who's that?

Anonymous No. 137929

>>137116
Well guys, I guess that's it
>>136868
LOL

Anonymous No. 137931

>>136868
>$500
I think you mean shekels

Anonymous No. 138279

>>136482
It doesn't work

Anonymous No. 138282

>>136482
>137929
even bjj is more effective in a street fight

Anonymous No. 138291

>>136482
Didn't you make this thread a month ago

Anonymous. No. 139459

From what little I've heard, it's that Krav Maga mostly works as a martial art, in the same way things like Tai Chi or Yoga work as martial arts.

They DO help. They are Martial Arts. But they don't teach you how to fight.

Krav Maga is useful, but more in approaches and getting both into and out of fights. Starting them, finishing them, seeing one coming and protecting yourself before they start.
It has combat components. It draws from Karate, Boxing, Judo and the like, but it should be obvious that with so many sources and competing inputs, that it's not going to be as effective as just going to a class of said martial art.
All that, plus the fact that despite the considerable amount of information it draws from, most people only get a five week course in it (which isn't long enough for anything bar getting the mentality of it down)
It's a weird ground, and one where people think it should be more pugilist than it is.

Image not available

548x500

krap maga.jpg

Anonymous No. 139663

>>136482
bc like w/ most variations of rbsd or tma for that matter, 99.999% of instructors don't deliver on their promise to adequately prepare you for a real-life altercation. the things pertaining to self-preservation like de-escalation, spatial awareness, running away, and doing only as much damage to your attacker(s) as necessary to get away in one piece, are paid lip service.

years ago i took an introductory class. maybe 2 or 3 of those things were briefly mentioned once or twice. and the way it was trained was as follows:
>compliant drill partner throws super obvious and telegraphed pretend-stab
>with the combined power of a million palestinian child corpses, you slow down time
>side-step the arab aggressor's hand holding a flimsy rubber knife
>simultaneously grab their wrist and palm strike their nose to oblivion
>arm drag to rear nake-- SIKE!!
>fuck you thought this was? functional, pressure-tested techniques that actually work against a resisting opponent? we on some power fantasy LARPin ass bullshit niqqa! TAKE YO FUNCTIONAL ASS BACK TO A REAL FIGHT GYM!!
>anyhoo... you proceed to knee them in the groin repeatedly, which, if done by a gentile, would only backfire and cause their attacker to get angrier, thereby further escalating the situation
>but blessed by the great net-n-yoohoo, your balls of steel - hereinafter to be referred to as Da Goldsach - is impervious to groin strikes from goycattle
>bonus points if the assailant is a nazi, whose chakra you absorb with their every blow
>after taking them to the ground with a well-executed bumrush, you finish them off with a strictly forbidden technique
>the mother of all jew-jitsu moves, passed down from generation to generation, developed back when jews were enslaved and practiced in secret:
>he-brew no jutsu: TEABAG OF DEATH!!
>dusts off shoulder
>"heh... that's for the holocaust, anti-semite scum"
>everyone clapped

TL;DR 99.999% of rbsd, krav included, is bs. for self-defense, even NO training is better.

Anonymous No. 139678

>>136482
Anything you can’t spar full contact generally sucks

Anonymous No. 139692

>>136491
its an inside joke on the phoneticians

see I can make stuff up and it appears legitimate, like your opinion, which appears legitimate

fear Jews. see, it's your fault.

Anonymous No. 139700

>>139663
this. 100%.
Krav maga/systema for civilians is for feeling good,/confidence, not fitness or learning how to fight. The marketing for it is aimed to mislead and trick people, like most "self defense programs".

Anonymous No. 139752

>>139700
yup. for fitness and learning how to fight you might as well train at a (kick)boxing (technical kind, not the cardio variation)/muay thai/bjj gym, or judo/sambo/wrestling/sanda dojo/club/gym/whatever if there's one of those in your area. even then there's a chance the instruction is mediocre or even straight-up trash. it's a shame that most martial arts gyms/schools suck. this rate of low quality is considered unacceptable in any other industry.