Image not available

1920x1080

51E99B3C-B965-408....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 138388

I want to run my first spartan race, what advices would you guys give to a complete beginner?

Anonymous No. 138390

idk I always thought these events were cringe for 30+ year old wagies who maybe dabbled in crossfit and running but never stuck to one thing long enough to get good at it

Anonymous No. 138401

Do an iron man

Anonymous No. 138415

>>138390
>normal working people with normal healthy hobbies
>cringe

Anonymous No. 138436

>>138388
cardio + grip strength, you'll beat 85% of the competitors, and if you don't believe me just look some of them on youtube, anything that involves grip and cardio is their bane, other than that, just train with someone that has participated in them.

Anonymous No. 138448

>>138388
>>138415
looks like bitch shit
>climb this slightly elevated platform you fat nigga
just do triathlons

also people shit in the muddy water (no joke) so enjoy your gut infection

Anonymous No. 138456

>>138436
I tough so, daily workout is doing a crossfit wod and grip strength training in the morning and a rooning 5k in the night

Anonymous No. 138603

>>138415
no I'm implying that it's people who "tried" doing any of those fitness hobbies, meaning they never actually stuck with anything long enough to see improvement, and have to join some commercialized event just to prove to themselves that they aren't uncommitted. Why do some gay spartan larp when you can just train for a triathlon or normal race like a 10k. I see spartan races in the same category as Color Runs and other fun runs but with "manly" aesthetics like Black Rifle Coffee Company (gay shit) or any of the companies that exclusively advertise on comedy podcasts like Ridge Wallet, BlueChew, Manscaped, etc.

Anonymous No. 138699

>>138603
Because it is fun

Anonymous No. 139559

>>138699
it might be fun to do it but it looks cringe as fuck from the outside

Anonymous No. 139905

>>139559
You should learn to have fun and stop worrying about what others think of you

Anonymous No. 140048

Paying someone to do a free activity is fucking retarded

Anonymous No. 140160

>>138388

Pace yourself. The people that go hard in the beginning usually don't know their limits and are huffing and puffing mid way through. If you don't have good grip and upper body strength, work on it now.

Watch your footing, especially when you're carrying sandbags. The first one I ran they made us carry a bucket of rocks up a muddy hill and back down. One guy coming down warned us to be careful, then immediately broke his ankle.

Learn how to throw a spear, and don't step on the rope attached to the spear. I didn't pay whatever price they asked for just to do burpees.

Don't worry about it. Ive ran a few spartans with friends and they're always worried that they'll die on the course. There's no time limit and nobody cares, last one I did there was a group of 4 fat chicks that took something like 2 hours to do a 5k. It's only as difficult as you want it to be.

It's a fun way to spend an hour or two with some friends, especially the first time. They are pretty gay but fuck it, at least you're getting some exercise.

Anonymous No. 140791

>>138388
Train Judo, best sport