541x546

Cejudo.jpg

🧵 What's more fun to train?

Anonymous No. 138710

Striking, or grappling?

Anonymous No. 138747

>>138710
They both have their pros and cons.

Striking will give you excellent hand-eye coordination, toughen up your jaw (boxing especially), body, legs (Muay Thai, Kyokushin), give you footwork and how to adopt proper stances and power generation from torque. But unless you want to be a professional, don't spar too much. CTE is no joke and I hate assholes who have no idea what light sparring is. Hitting the pads and bagwork will help you in the long-run than going full out with a partner.

Grappling will make you understand balance, grips, and how to take a fall. As tough as boxing training is, I think the conditioning that grappling (wrestling, judo, etc.) is even more intense. You absolutely must practice live drills with a partner whose gonna do the same to you.
Stand-up grappling is essential and fun. But it can be hard on the knees and toes. Especially judo.
Ground-fighting and submissions are actually easier to learn as a beginner compared to stand-up, but be careful of cauliflower ear and chipped teeth. And you must absolutely RESPECT the tap. Don't be that shitrag that doesn't let go as soon as your partner taps you they're giving up. It's the same douchebaggery that I mentioned above about striking partners trying to knock you out.

Anonymous No. 138761

>>138747
Nothing to add

Anonymous No. 139789

>>138747
/thread

Anonymous No. 139792

>>138710
Train Judo. It’s the superior grappling art and you’ll throw every striker on their head.

Image not available

480x360

hqdefault.jpg

Anonymous No. 139824

grappling

Image not available

1200x1200

1200px-NG_Alex_Po....png

Anonymous No. 139982

How hard its to learn grappling from a 100% striking base? To the point that feels "natural".
I'm starting BJJ (no other options where I live) and feel genuine interested in ground fighting but still can't pull shit, totally 0.

Anonymous No. 139990

>>139982
Just slightly better than learning from zero, the athleticism helps

Anonymous No. 141018

>>139982
in striking distance is more important, in grappling angle. the same concepts apply, though. the mind game is also similar once you're not thinking about how to do the technique.