Image not available

352x640

VID-20201102-WA00....gif

๐Ÿงต the big pop an ollie and innovate

Anonymous No. 140456

so i skateboard for quite some years now, and i would like to know if anyone who also skates here, about the progress rate on learning new flip tricks, does it really takes so long to learn a new trick any feedback would be great

all those years i've trained on flat on goofy stance i only got like
>ollie, 180 frontside, pop/shove it and kickflip and easier tricks
>double kickflip and i landed one time an heelflip and a 360 shove it with toe drag and some slappy 50-50 grind that are quite harder

and only that for like almost more than 3/4 years of skating should i just stop skating for good and sell it to invest in another sport like even there is some tricks like shove it and 360 shove it that when the shape gets to the shin gets swollen up

Anonymous No. 140462

Sounds like you are skateboarding to be good not skateboarding to have fun. Maybe try scootering.

Anonymous No. 140471

>>140456
took me 3 months to land a kickflip. but also i skate bowl more, maybe become a bowl skater anon. its actually safer in most cases if you know how to drop in

Anonymous No. 140501

>>140456
some people learn things at different rates.
i've known guys who never even learned to ollie but carve bowls and roll in on oververt like it's nothing.
tech stuff & rails came pretty naturally to me but i couldn't even drop in until i was 20 and only now 10 years later i'm actually getting semi comfortable on tranny.

Image not available

378x497

animewelder.png

Anonymous No. 140528

been skating going on 3 years since starting late 2019 n i can do almost all basic tricks, ollie, shuvits, variants of shuvits, and most flip tricks including kickflips, heelflips, treflips, and hard flips. all both switch and regular (except tres hardflips and heel flips switch, shits impossible you're a genetic mutated freak if you can do that shit). im stuck on heelflips switch but whenever i get hard-stuck on learning a trick i just immediately start learning tricks i've learned regular, switch. it helps with getting better on both stances which makes balance overall better and muscle memory adapt easier

also if you're going for solely "getting good at skating" it's a bad approach, i'd legit get fried to oblivion smoke 2 blunts w some friends and slam a bottle of vodka while skating for 8h straight with the boys. if no one skates that you're friends with just crank out a dab rig w anyone over the age of 18 at a skatepark and youll spawn a whole new crew of buds to skate with

tl;dr; treat skating as a social gathering with the lads and just have a good time but dont get complacent with doing the same repetitive things daily, always keep learning

hope my blogpost helps

Anonymous No. 140532

>>140528
>switch heel
this helped me a lot with switch & nollie heels
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZcZNPywCy4

Anonymous No. 140535

>>140462
Shut up faggot.

Image not available

160x88

First miniramp dr....gif

Anonymous No. 140548

>>140471
for me i think i took like alot more than that to get kickflips, but when i got it i just got used to it but even sometimes i even miss it.

i've already tried skating transitions before, miniramp and those normal elevation ramps on skateparks

at first when i dropped on miniramp i almost fell backwards but after that first fail i was able to drop in just fine, but in another days i wasn't able anymore to drop in on another's miniramps

here on my city center there is a park with a bowl but is quite deep, so i dont plan on skating it, and when i was skating with the guy who is recording we got kicked out for not wearing any helmets

Anonymous No. 140555

>>140528
i also think i started late in 2019 and yet today i still miss some of my current kickflips, and i keep repeating basic tricks like shove it and i try to land those harder tricks i previous said on the making of the thread.

and i in fact understand all tricks rotations and names theorically but when i comes to execute it pratically it comes in another way, and know about skate4fun thing i use to skate with people me and that guy behind the camera filming we skated quite alot, now he doesn't anymore so right now i just skate all by myself.

Anonymous No. 140563

>>140548
deep tranny is actually pretty nice for learning once you get over the fear and know how to fall properly. it hurts a lot less to fall into the transition and slide out on a 12 foot wall than to body slam straight into flat from a 5 foot wall