23223009.jpg

🧵 Amateur MMA

Anonymous No. 141304

There is a BJJ gym in my city that offers:
>gi BJJ 1.5 hour a week
>no gi BJJ 1.5 h a week
>wrestling 1.5 h a week
>kickboxing 1.5 a week

If I wanna be an MMA fighter, I should theoretially go on all of them except gi BJJ and go lifting at a gym when others do gi but I'm worried that if I'll realise MMA hurts too much and skip to BJJ, I'll lack some skills.

What whould you do in this situation?
Important notes:
>in my country punches to the head of a grounded opponent are illegal for amateurs if both of them haven't already fought in at least 5 tournaments so submissions are a very important skill
>on the other hand I look like the winner on pic so I'll probably be weaker than most opponents but have longer arms so standup combat would make me able to use my reach advantage

Anonymous No. 141314

>>141304
Have you even trained before? Just do all the classes, you’re probably paying for them. Most gi techniques, especially the ones you’ll be learning if you’re not even at the level to do an amateur fight, will use principles applicable to nogi grappling anyway.

Why the fuck does everyone keep asking “should I go here, someone plan out my training routine before I even start”. The most important thing about the classes is the coaching. A good taekwondo coach will be better than a bad wrestling coach, so nobody can decide that for you. Just go to the classes, most places have a free trial, and if you don’t like it, just don’t go back. You’re looking way too far ahead.

Anonymous No. 141324

If you were capable of handling that kind of volume, you wouldn't be here asking us if it's a good idea. You'd be training.

Anonymous No. 141799

>>141304
just do all the classes, man. just don't focus on gi attacks. You need every last second of training you can get, and beggars can't be choosers.