Image not available

800x600

16614533-FFEA-462....jpg

๐Ÿงต Beginning Muay Thai

Anonymous No. 143164

I want to do Muay Thai but Iโ€™m not sure how to learn it. I did a free intro class but there was no instruction we just punched pads and shit. Is every class like that?

Anonymous No. 143511

>>143164
no not every gym is like that, good gyms will take time to explain techniques so you can learn them correctly. try and find one that has beginner classes so you can learn the basics first instead of just throwing you in a more advanced class right off the bat

Anonymous No. 143640

>>143164
No, the intro class is just that - an intro. You aren't gonna spar anytime soon but you gotta learn the basics and there's lots of them. You'll get work in, just keep going to classes

Anonymous No. 144114

>>143164
Go to a reputable dojo. When I was learning Muay Thai the instructor always stressed proper technique.

Anonymous No. 145290

>>143164
It doesn't matter, as long as you get pad work and spar just watch YouTube for technique tips, don't rely on the instructor, if he's helpful it's a bonus.

Anonymous No. 145295

>>143164
just kick and punch thinking about your own technique to improve

practice an infinite number of kicks and punchs and combos

then just light spar with anyone and that's it, you will not get good unless you practice for at least 4 years with sparrings and competitions in the way, this is the bare minimum for you to be actualy good so don't rush