Image not available

515x476

1646345540802.png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 143798

Has anyone posted a video of a person who knows bjj getting jumped and fighting off multiple attackers? Seen plenty of boxers do that.

bjj seems like a gloried competition sport combat technically, no real life application unless your attackers agree to fight you one at a time like a bruce lee movie.

also the best way to deal with people who have a weapon, grappling a dude with a knife is a death sentence to the grappler. Knocking him out and taking the knife however, i've witnessed happen many times with my limited boxing background. This mma bjj stuff requires very specific conditions to be effective, mostly built for competition.

Anonymous No. 143809

>>143798
> grappling a dude with a knife is a death sentence to the grappler
If a tiny untrained Asian woman can do it, a trained grappler can too
https://youtu.be/3eV0Jg0sXcc
In fact, they have!
https://youtu.be/RcvOhmFPxEg
https://youtu.be/YWTsM_YUOrQ

And if you actually think not trying to control the weapon hand of a guy trying to stab you is a good idea you are literally brain dead retarded and I don’t know what to tell you.

Anonymous No. 143971

>>143809
That's only cause that's an idiot with a knife and not a true fencer.

Anonymous No. 143972

>>143971
Ok? How many “true fencers” are out committing petty crimes you retarded faggot?

Anonymous No. 143974

>>143798
Boxing only works against several people if you can knock each of them out with one or two punches. Boxing against a knife is the worst idea ever because boxing works on the same or slightly shorter distance as knaifu. I would rather submit to a knife user than to fight against him with bare hands but if I really had to fight, I would rather know any ofher martial art than boxing. Even aikido would probably be better because disarming someone is similar to grabbing his wrist.

Sage No. 143979

>you cant fight off multiple attackers, so bjj must be a glorified competition sport
You're retarded. Go train.
>best way to deal with people who have a weapon
Sprint quickly or pull out a gun. Again, you're retarded. Go train

Anonymous No. 144000

>>143972
I was an old timey highwayman for years. Have at you!

Anonymous No. 144005

>>144000
Kek

Anonymous No. 144058

>>144000
Checked. Draw steel, blackguard!

Anonymous No. 144062

>>143798
>Has anyone posted a video of a person who knows bjj getting jumped and fighting off multiple attackers?
FWIW there was an article in Black Belt magazine in the 90s by one of the Gracies that said BJJ is pretty much useless against multiple opponents.

Anonymous No. 144063

>>143974
Boxing is best against a knife you just have to suckerpunch the other guy before he draws.

Anonymous No. 144066

>>143798
>Seen plenty of boxers do that.

No you haven't. You've seen one or two videos of dudes who could've slapped their soft opponents to death. Strength in numbers is a real thing dumbass.

Anonymous No. 144097

>>144062
Useless in the sense that setting up a traditional armbar while you're getting jumped is useless and retarded. But the ability to get off your back while someone tries to keep you down is something BJJ can help you with. 1v1 competition isn't the best way to train that obviously, but 3v1 groundwork drills are surprisingly fun and useful. My judo instructor used to do those and it really developed your fundamental skills.

Anonymous No. 144100

>>144097
Fwiw, that's a better argument for wrestling training than bjj

Anonymous No. 144107

>>144100
Agreed, but wrestling as an adult usually isn't an option. BJJ is the martial art of choice for adults with jobs.

Anonymous No. 144373

>>143809

this is the exception not the rule though. you're creating a false sense of security for people that train BJJ that they can take down someone with a knife and you're going to get someone killed.

If someone has a knife or a weapon, you run. Fighting someone who's armed is incredibly retarded.

Boxing and Wrestling/BJJ are the ultimate combo for protecting yourself. You should never take someone to the ground but grappling will help you get back up if someone takes you down. Boxing will help you get quick strikes so you can get in and get out.

You cannot argue with me this is 100% accurate.

Image not available

650x650

AU CONTRAIRE.png

Anonymous No. 144390

>>144373
>Boxing and Wrestling/BJJ are the ultimate combo for protecting yourself.
>You cannot argue with me this is 100% accurate

Anonymous No. 144398

>>144390

Ok well not counting a gun lol